Beiträge von autococ1

Pitch Bend Wheel problem in standalone operation:

Hello, I updated to OS4 a few months ago and found that browsing patches had become sluggish and patches had randomly started to detune themselves. Marc on the forum had suggested a hard reset and this indeed fixed the problems. I did this last week but since then I've noticed a strange glitch in the pitch bend wheel:

If I bend the wheel up, when it reaches full bend, the note jumps randomly in pitch. Bending down is fine. Bending the wheel half-up is fine.... it only happens when the wheel is fully bent up.....and sounds as if the Virus is unable to hold a steady pitch.
    If I pull gently to the side whilst bending up the problem does not occur - this is true for either side.......which makes me think it could be hardware related.
    I can mail you some samples if you need to hear it. Hope you can help.

Best Wishes,

Just updated my Virus Polar to OS4 and on top of the problems I've had with OS3 I now have even more.....

1: The biggest one is that OSC2 keeps randomly detuning itself to 127 on certain patches......happens even when I use the unit as standalone Hardware. I'm standing in for a Keyboard player this Thurs (for a considerably large gig) and its embaressing to say the least that this keeps happening.

2: Cycling through the patch banks is now slow and sluggish. The Virus sticks at certain patches. This never used to happen.

3: My Virus also randomly plays certain notes .......without me even touching it!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous and a complete nightmare in a live situation and again is a total embaressment in rehearsal.....god only knows what will happen live.

These are three big problems I've noticed since the update but even with OS3 I have had far too many to justify the price tag. I bought the Virus on the strength of the TI software as I spend a lot of my time tracking in the studio but this has been completly useless to me. I use Protools 7.4 and i've yet to get it working in any satisfactory way. Yes I understand many have said to purchase a dedicated USB card but I use a laptop. Many poly patches simply drop out intermittently and forget about getting it working on multi channels.

I love the sound of the Virus, when it works, but I've honestly spent more time troubleshooting with it than I have spent making music.

Can't figure out if this is possible. Remote mode only seems to let me configure the knobs....I'm trying to make my Virus change programs synchronously with my old AN1X. I'm using the AN1X step sequencer with the Virus for live gigs and i'm trying to set it up so that when I change a program on the Virus the AN1X will also change programs....i.e. say I change from RAM-A 0 to RAM-A 1 on the Virus, I want the AN1X to change from 000 to 001. At the moment it works back to front, I can change a preset on the AN1X and the Virus will change too.....but not the other way around.....which is what I want.
    Is it possible to do this?

Regards,

Steve

Not sure if this is in the right forum but here goes: Trying to route the Polar TI to my Yamaha AN1X so I can use its step sequencer. I want to set it up so that I can use the TI keyboard to trigger the sequences from the AN1X but using the Polar TI as the sound generator. The AN1X allows me to transmit sequencer patterns via its MIDI Pattern Transmit Channel parameter (“PtnTxCh”), however the only way I can get it working at the moment is if I use the AN1X keyboard (with sound comming out of the Virus)......can't seem to get it working using the Virus keyboard. Any ideas how to make this work???

Among a mass of issues i've been having with Virus Control and Protools 7.4, this one is driving me mad:
    I have a certain patch that has 'Channel Pressure' assigned to LFO3 assign amt. When my TI Polar is not connected to the laptop the patch plays fine with LFO3 kicking in when I push hard on the keys. However when I try and play the same patch through Virus Control in Protools7 3 LFO doesn't kick in when I push hard on the keys. I've tried removing the plugin and re-inserting, rebooting, etc but it won't work. Of course when I disconnect the Polar from the laptop the patch plays fine again with LFO. WTF????
    Any suggestions?

Silly question perhaps but I have to ask. I just bought a Polar TI based on my experiences with the Zebra2 plugin as I heard they were very similar and I was shocked and a little peeved to find the Virus has no Step Sequencer....duh......the irony is I bought it to replace my old AN1X and it even has one! Guess I should have done my research more but I figured this feature would be standard in this day and age.
    Has anyone found a workaround for step sequencing parts in a TI?.....a way to note offset/transpose or anything like that that would allow me to program simple riffs that aren't just octave based??? Failing this.....any suggestions for a cheap sequencer???

Regardez

Steve