Parameter smoothing not working in OS4

• Since downloading OS4 I've noticed parameters jump values rather than tracking smoothly when in Virus Control and using the hardware knobs. Anyone else having this problem? When I change parameters with the mouse it works fine. I'm on Vista 64 and running Cubase 5 32-bit.

• Totty's right, the problem still seems to be there in standalone mode. I think it's more noticeable in VC because you can actually see the the control hang for a split second and then jump ahead.

• Anyone else out there having this problem besides myself and Totty?

Have you been able to duplicate it Marc?

The lag and jumpiness of controlling Virus parameters from its own hardware knobs is frustrating me to no end, but I've figured out a good workaround for the meantime. In Cubase 5 you can assign the midi track Quick Controls to any Virus parameter exposed to host automation, and then assign the Quick Control to a separate controller. Ableton has a similar feature, but I'm not sure what it's called. I'm actually using my Nord Lead 2X right now to control the filter, res, & env amount on the Virus through this method and it works great. I actually think controlling parameters this way seems more responsive than the hardware knobs were before with OS3. I can't believe I have to use a separate midi controller to make tweaking the Virus enjoyable now. I sure hope this is fixed for the official OS4 release.