ARP Note Trigger/Transition

• Okay, so I've been having this annoying issue for a while and haven't been able to figure out why it happens. I'm sure it is some obvious point I'm missing out. :D

I have this issue when the ARP is playing, when it moves to another chord, the first note or the chord plays the note/s along with the transition. I'm sure that sounds confusing, so let me try again.

DAW: Ableton Live 8.2.1, Virus TI Polar connected via USB.

MIDI clip in Ableton on the Virus channel with say 2 chords [Am] and [Em].

Virus patch with ARP ON, Up/Down Pattern.

Now, once it starts playing, it plays Am with the pattern. During the chord transition to Em, instead of it going smoothly to the arpeggiated pattern, it will trigger say the 'E' note from the Em along with the pattern on the 1st beat of the transition.
    I have no idea why this happens and it doesn't seem right. I tried the Mono/Poly or other options in the Config page. It also doesn't always happen. It doesn't happen if I'm playing the patterns live etc. Mostly with MIDI clips in Ableton. No other synth exhibits this though.

I will try and upload a sound loop later if time permits and will try this in Logic as well.

:D So fire away solutions boys.

• It might be a latency thing such that the notes aren't precisely timed. You can cheat though and tweak the note ends and starts to leave only the right note playing, then the first note of the second chords arp should start ever so slightly first

• Possibly, it could be latency. I could try messing around with those settings.

But, manually editing the notes avoid this issue would be a nightmare. ;( It's also strange that it doesn't always pop-up I feel. Could strongly be the latency issue.

Also, quick question, does the Virus LIKE USB hubs or does it DISLIKE hubs? I always get confused. These days the plugin fires up only if I restart the computer. ?( Connected to a HUB though, with only the Virus connected.