USB MIDI - ALSO ENABLE ANOLOG OUTS?

• I usually do yes, for testing purposes I shut my computer down disconnected the USB cable then connected a MIDI keyboard directly to the MIDI In of the Virus.

Once I had established there was sound coming from the analog outs I disconnected the MIDI keyboard, connected the USB cable into the back of the Virus, turned my computer on then opened up a new Logic project.

From there I opened an external instrument plug-in on a software instrument track, selected Virus synth for the MIDI out & the correct audio in which the analog outs were connected to then played my MIDI controller.

The MIDI was sent down the USB, the audio was sent from the analog outs through my interface into Logic.

• 1) At point #4, through which MIDI interface are going the notes?
    2) At point #6, is the little note icon showing up in the bottom right corner of the LCD display of your Virus?

• press shift + edit to take you to an output selection page and adjust the right soft knob to enable the analog outputs. You must be in multi mode for this to work though. You will also choose your patch from there with this method.

• bring this thread back from the wilderness here

I just wanted to add that this method works -

here is how I setup my Virus:

i) install software / update etc etc and get USB working running v4.5.3 here.

ii) open Logic Pro 9 and add a VC instrument plugin as a multi-timbral instrument. It does its scan etc

iii) ok so now I hit 'shift+edit' and enter multi-edit mode

iv) right there on the first page that comes up on the virus' screen - parameter 3 - 'select output'

v) set output to 'Out1 L+R'

vi) on Logic add the relevant audio input to monitor the Virus Analog out.

now all sound only comes from analog outs 1+2 and is not transmitted on USB.

It is easy to route different channels of a multi to different analog or usb outs in the Multi edit mode outlined above in step 3.