transmitting MIDI with the knobs

• How can I get the knobs on my TI desktop to transmit MIDI data when they're turned. Logic's connected via MIDI and also USB. I want to know how to use this synth best in Logic.

My priorities are:

Highest volume possible

Most flexible, comprehensive automation

I read that the volume when outputs are set to USB is less hot than using the hardware outs, so I select OUT 1+2. Outputs are routed into my desk fine.

The problem I now have is I can't automate anything from Logic. Last time I tried anything I set up Virus TI as a software instrument in Logic's environment. Then I drew a volume curve in Logic - that data doesn't get read by my TI.

I'm also a little confused about MIDI versus USB, since I read that the USB cable can transmit MIDI, obviating the need for MIDI cables...

• Not much traffic in this forum, heh!

Access told me the best way to use Virus TI Control in Logic is to forget the environment and instead create a new track in the arrange. Make sure you select 'multitimbral' and Logic will create 16 tracks all with the same instrument name. They will have ascending MIDI numbers, corresponding to your part numbers in the plugin.

Load up some sounds and they should play. Go to Common in VC and check they're routed each to the outs you desire.

To automate, forget 'Volume' (that's for all 16 parts). Instead click and hold and a menu will shoot out revealing first all of the TI parts 1-16. Choose the relevant part and a huge list of parameters will shoot out from which you choose the one you want to automate. Then draw a curve. It should automate the parameter just for that part, not all parts.

Tedious when compared to automating Massive, but you get there eventually.