Arpeggiator Resolution & Pattern Start place automation, Multi-pattern saving & switching.

• Hello all. I hope that my continuing list of queries is not getting too out of hand, apologies if this is bugging anyone, just got a lot of questions!

It appears that the arpeggiator resolution and the length of the pattern cannot be modulated or automated, the automation bit being the part which I find the most odd. The change of resolution would useful for changes of pace, and for developing rhythmic interest for example, whilst phrase start automation would be useful for switching between sections. Does anyone have any workarounds for this? Is it due to be part of an update?

It would be very useful also to be able to have different user patterns within one patch and to be able to switch between them. One could of course draw patterns into the sequencer, but that defeats one of the main uses of an arpeggiator, and wouldn't allow for the arp>matrix functionality. Whilst multiple patterns aren't a typical part of an arpeggiator, this isn't a typical one, the arp>matrix function being very useful and original. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Best,

Isris.

• Instead of modulating the Resolution, try modulating the Arp Swing (displacement of the events) as well as the Arp Note Length (making events shorter or longer)

For modulating the "lenght", you may try to realtime modulate the Arp Pattern thus changing the current arpeggio.

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

• Also, the arp mode and simply turning the arp on and off? Is there a way to automate these elements please?

Is it possible to save patterns as presets? If so, it isn't obvious how this is supposed to be done. This would have seemed an obvious function to me... On a similar note (pun intended), the ability to see and edit the preset patterns would be nice. As would an indicator to show where is playing in the pattern at any one time.

• Also, the arp mode and simply turning the arp on and off? Is there a way to automate these elements please?

You should investigate the MIDI SysEx to do this...

Is it possible to save patterns as presets? If so, it isn't obvious how this is supposed to be done. This would have seemed an obvious function to me... On a similar note (pun intended), the ability to see and edit the preset patterns would be nice. As would an indicator to show where is playing in the pattern at any one time.

Not AFAIK but you can lock the section on the VC and then you can apply to any other Program you like...

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

• Thank you MarPabi. Do you know any good places with tutorials / guides on using Midi Sysex with the Virus? I have to say though that it seems pretty poor not to have such basic features implemented in the integration and to have to find deep workarounds.

Indeed you can lock and switch, but that doesn't allow moving between arpeggiated presets during a track / performance which is a shame.