Can't update Virus TI OS from 1.1.1

• Hi

I've just got a Virus TI with 1.1.1 public beta 1 OS and BIOS v1.03 and can't get the OS to update to the latest.

I installed the Virus TI Software under XP 32-bit which found the Virus, installed the software and lastly tried to update the OS...the installer completed but the Virus unit hung with a blank backlight screen and 2 blue lights flashing above it. After restarting it ithe Virus still says 1.1.1 OS on the splash screen

Then I tried to update the OS from inside VIrus Control Center which on load says 'device name: old firmwards...status: needs update' and 'os:unkown' so when I click OK it searches for the Virus but can't find it saying that 'a communication error occurred' in a dialog that writes a log containing the message 'Looking for Virus TI...' many times.

I tried different combinations of fixes I found on other posts / forums including :

removing all cables / power off 10 seconds / power on with 'exit' pressed to get into USB Update mode
    reinstalling drivers / virus software to different USB ports
    starting with 'arp edit' pressed but no joy

Anyone know a fix? Any help much appreciated.

SMACK

• try to install a newer version (not the last) but in stages. Eventualy u get there.

So first try an update from the middle then try the last.

Success! :thumbup:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• stages will not make a difference. if you have old software on your mac/pc, uninstall it first, then re-install version 3.3.0.00 or whichever version you wish to go for. from the little info you supply, it looks more like a communication problem.
    access support ([email protected]) will gladly help you out, in case you run into further problems.

best, marc
    access music

ps. version 1.1 - that's ancient, you're in for a nice surprise once everything will be up and running again...

• Thanks Marc

I emailed support so will post back if its fixed

used to have an old red Virus rack which was awesome but this one has been in the back of a studio gather dust so looking forward to putting it to some good use

SMACK