Problem with 3.3.0.0 Beta in Cubase 5 - no parameters for automation available

• Hi,

first of all the new driver works great in my 64bit enviroment with cubase 5, finally!! :thumbup:

The Problem is I can only write automations for following parameters: Cutoff/ Resonance/ Softknob 1-3
    All the other parameters show up as "unmapped". ;(

Did I miss something? Please help!

• I try all knowbs
    no problem for me!

cubase 5.1
    OS 3.3.0.0
    all 64bit in w7

I think it can help you:
    put the VST track on automation record and not the midi track connected to the virus

;)

• I can repro the unmapped automation (I wasn't happy when this happened to me 9x3 minutes of automation more or less gone.)

Use the /// VST (save the test tune) and as soon as you restart cubase your automation will be unmapped when loaded. Reloading the VST enables them but it deletes the original automation lines. This does not happen with the Regular VST 2 plugin as far as I have tried.

One other thing with the VST 3 plugin is that it seems to be that all automation for one parameters gets mapped equally on all the channels in a multi setup which makes it really bad and obviously sounding "horrid" (not right.)

Maybe automation in VST 3 is not yet done?

this is on Mac OS X 10.6.2 Cubase 5.1 with a Virus Snow.

• In Cubase5 x64 with the VC VST3 x64, I cannot seem to get anything to automate unless its through MIDI CC (e.g. mod wheel).

• I Got The Answer For You Guys

I Had The Same Problem But Since I Changed To Mac I Haven't Got Any Problems Other Than This So I Thought It Was My Own Fault That Automation Showed As Unmapped When Re-Opening A Project

So Do Like This:

Update Your Platform (Os / Windows) Update Your Access Virus To The Latest Version

And When You Do Automation Right Click On The Thing You Want To Automate And Assign The Automation From The Virus Controll And To The Channel

Then Find It In The Automation List As You Normally Would Do When Doing Automation In Cubase 5

Press : The Big ''R''(read) And The Big ''W''(Write) And There You Go Your Automation Will Work After Saving And Reopening The Project

:D

• Champ thanks! I have been scratching my head over this for ages.

Question: The "right click - assign" does not work for the LFO page. So how am I supposed to automate an LFO filter/pitch pulse etc?

Much appreciated.

• I have made a work around for the above...

I just assigned the mod wheel in the matrix to the LFO parameters and used the mod wheel to implement the desired automation via a midi track.

This is not ideal though as the midi automation in Cubase is not nice to use, I far prefer the other rubber band vst and insert automation.

Thoughts?