Playback latency problem, should be easy to fix

• hello everyone :) nice to meet you
    just a quick question in case somebody is able to help
    got the TI Snow few days ago and been having loads of fun up to the point i tried to play the midi files i recorded...

unfortunately all the midi notes are out of sync with the rest of the track, looks like its a latency problem but i can't find any fix...

any ideas? i've updated to the latest virus ti control version but nothing changed..

thank in advance! :)

• If you use ProTools LE (8.0.3) you should read the PDF from Access.
    Really important is to set "LIVE Mode" to eliminate the most crackles and sync troubles in your audio stream.
    LIVE Mode helps you to get a lower latency for monitoring or playback.

You have now one of two options for a well synced VC under PT:

1. Set a defined* latency for all Virus MIDI tracks / located at: Event > MIDI Track Offsets
    2. or Route all tracks excepting Virus monitor busses to a single bus and set a defined* latency with the plugin "TimeAdjuster"
    Personally i prefer the second option. You are free to choose your own workflow.

*this is a little guide that will help you to get the effective latency from Virus (VC) for your system.

Create a "MIDI Track", "Audio Track" and a "Instrument Track" with VC.
    Run VC and prepare an INIT-Patch: Set OSC1 to a pulse and set the OSC balance to -100%.
    Make shure to set the outputs of VC to USB.
    Route the outputs of VC to a "Audio Track".
    Go into "Grid Mode" and create a MIDI pattern.
    Create a MIDI note exactly at the beginning of the grid.
    Record the audio stream from Virus TI to your "Audio Track" from the beginning of the grid.
    Zoom in to the grid, where your audio stream starts.
    Select the range from the the beginning of the grid until the transients of the recorded pulse starts.
    Your cursor should set to "Min:Secs" to get the latency in milliseconds, located at length*

All this can not help you out to sync ARPs and PT well together. There is no way at the moment.