Software sounddiver or other software (please explain)?

• Hi All!
    I hope you forgive me for a "beginner question", I tried to find the answers on the FAQ:s and other websites but still havent understood how the things work when you must register to access the current versions (release notes and so on)...

Im thinking about to buying a Access Virus Indigo 2 but cant understand if it will be possible to load patches when the "sounddriver" software is withdrawn.
    Is the Indigo 2 "stranded" in support of the software part (no support for older synths in Windows 7 or Vista)?
    Could anybody show some mercy for a "noob" question? :huh:

Best Regards Ingvar

• Hi All!
    I hope you forgive me for a "beginner question", I tried to find the answers on the FAQ:s and other websites but still havent understood how the things work when you must register to access the current versions (release notes and so on)...

Im thinking about to buying a Access Virus Indigo 2 but cant understand if it will be possible to load patches when the "sounddriver" software is withdrawn.
    Is the Indigo 2 "stranded" in support of the software part (no support for older synths in Windows 7 or Vista)?
    Could anybody show some mercy for a "noob" question? :huh:

Best Regards Ingvar

Hello Ingvar.

Im a Virus KC owner and i think its kind of the same procedure to load soundsets or patches. First option is to place the .MID file in ur sequencer and transfer the patched thru it. However i havnt been able to succeed with this method yet (Using Logic 9)

But my solution was to get the software from "Sound Quest" called "Midi Quest XL" and it works prety good. It eaven lets you control all parameters of the Virus and the Multi Bank mixer etc.
    Its not the prettiest looking software but it works. I mainly use it for organizing my patches and soundbanks and it does this with ease.

Check it out here:
    http://www.squest.com/

Hope it helps
    Chris

• I was trying to do the same thing with Midi Quest XL. Could you explain in more detail how you take a mid or sysex soundbank and transfer it using the software to the indigo? I attempt to to send it over and it looks like the indigo is receiving information but if it did get the soundbank where does it go? Do I need to get the indigo in some type of mode to receive it or am I just not doing it the right way in the software? The more details the better for this newbie. Thanks!

Darren