Beiträge von Biercan

I am noticing that my Snow, when running as a TI plugin, wreaks havoc with Logic's midi clock. LFOs of plugins go way out of sync, as do external hardwire devices receiving MIDI clock from a physical MIDI out. I though I had the problem sussed last night, when it seemed as though activating LIVE mode on the plugin fixes these timing problems, but it's back today and apparently unfixable.

Does anyone have any experience with this and is there a particular preferences configuration within Logic which best deals with this problem?

Thanks Bob, but this isn't the issue for me. I know I can send program change and bank change messages with MIDI clips in Live, my problem is with regards to switching the Virus' focus to a particular part so I can modulate my sounds using the soft knobs.

Hi all,

I have a little problem using the Virus TI Snow in a live context, so I'm wondering if anyone has any bright ideas. Will try to explain the problem:

When performing live, I have the Virus communicating with Live via USB, and run two, sometimes three parts simultaneously, with separate virtual outputs, and I modulate parameters with the softknobs on the actual Virus' hardware. This all works well except for one problem:

In order to change which part I am controlling, it is necessary to push the part button, then button 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the second row of buttons on the Virus itself to select the part I wish to control. OR I can do this by clicking the appropriate button in the TI plugin GUI... but I don't want to use a mouse, I want to use hardware only.

The problem is that, sometimes the part button doesn't register (perhaps I have a faulty button) and if I don't notice this and then push a numbered button, this changes the part to that preset, which sounds bad as there is MIDI note information being sent to the Virus constantly and changing your patch in the middle of a bassline doesn't usually sound very good :p

To prevent this from happening, I want to be able to either:

a) disable local program change control

or

b) set up a one-touch selection control (ie a button) through Ableton's MIDI mapping which will switch the TI control's focus to a part of my choosing.

...but it does not appear that either is possible.

Can someone confirm, or suggest a solution to my problem?

Thanks!

Jon
    http://www.darkarps.com