Beiträge von bethulah

Marc and company,

Macbook Pro
    RME fireface 800 soundcard
    Live 8
    TI

I'm with you Marc. Why post a question if you aren't going to follow up. My experience with Access for the last 9 years is that the staff is all about making working out issues. Thanks by the way.

The timing issues between the TI and Live are well known. Playback sync wanders and recorded midi notes never land in the right place. I have run countless tests of simply tying to sync a recorded midi note input with Lives metranome and cant get remotely close. Often the notes are a sixteenth off. I've even plugged in my old Indigo with old school midi just to be able to input midi (which is to say record music as it's played rather than inputing it with a mouse) as any musician would expect to do in this modern day. Old school Virus B, C, and Indigo with old school midi never had this kind of trouble but then Access didn't have a reliable library system like the TI. Running Ableton in Live mode DOES NOT solve the problem. (Sorry Marc) Using Live as the sync host, using the TI as my sound card and taking my RME soundcard completely out of the loop DOES NOT solve the problem. Ableton has never responded to the issue other than to ask if I am using Live mode. May we all feel each others pain.

Look Ableton bretheren, I, as many of you, waited for a good long time to update to Live 8 waiting for them to work out the timing kinks. I had to believe the issue was with Live as not only TI owners have serious issues with Live timing. I expected it would be solved in version 8 so I laid out the cash a couple of months ago to find that it may have gotten worse. And that was it. I came to the end of my relationship with Ableton. I purchased Logic, plugged it in and the problem has dissapeared. Poof. Years of frustration with Live, years of letting a DAW crush creativity and flow, and just like that it's over. Logic and the TI work together flawlessly for me. (Use Live mode of course) So Timster, mate, it's not a cross platform issue for me. I really believe Ableton is just not up to the professional standard it needs to be. And bless them for making a DAW that was so easy to learn. It has opened up musical creation to thousands of people. Has many great ideas. But . . . I know we are all a bunch of starving aspirants and already invested in Live but look . . . what to you want to do for the next few years, write music or fight software.

Two cents

Cheers

Marc and company,

Macbook Pro
    RME fireface 800 soundcard
    Live 8
    TI

I'm with you Marc. Why post a question if you aren't going to follow up. My experience with Access for the last 9 years is that the staff is all about making working out issues. Thanks by the way.

The timing issues between the TI and Live are well known. Playback sync wanders and recorded midi notes never land in the right place. I have run countless tests of simply tying to sync a recorded midi note input with Lives metranome and cant get remotely close. Often the notes are a sixteenth off. I've even plugged in my old Indigo with old school midi just to be able to input midi (which is to say record music as it's played rather than inputing it with a mouse) as any musician would expect to do in this modern day. Old school Virus B, C, and Indigo with old school midi never had this kind of trouble but then Access didn't have a reliable library system like the TI. Running Ableton in Live mode DOES NOT solve the problem. (Sorry Marc) Using Live as the sync host and taking, using the TI as my sound card and taking my RME soundcard completely out of the loop DOES NOT solve the problem. Ableton has never responded to the issue other than to ask if I am using Live mode. May we all feel each others pain.

Look Ableton bretheren, I, as many of you, waited for a good long time to update to Live 8 waiting for them to work out the timing kinks. I had to believe the issue was with Live as not only TI owners have serious issues with Live timing. I expected it would be solved in version 8 so I laid out the cash a couple of months ago to find that it may have gotten worse. And that was it. I came to the end of my relationship with Ableton. I purchase Logic, plugged it in and the problem has dissapeared. Poof. Years of frustration with Live, years of letting a DAW crush creativity and flow, and just like that it's over. Logic works flawlessly for me. (Use Live mode of course) So Timster, mate, it's not a cross platform issue for me. I really believe Ableton is just not up to the professional standard it needs to be. And bless them for making a DAW that was so easy to learn. It has opened up musical creation to thousands of people. Has many great ideas. But . . . I know we are all a bunch of starving aspirants and already invested in Live but look . . . what to you want to do for the next few years, write music or fight software.

Two cents

Cheers
    Steve

Steve