Posts by network-909

It will be hard to match the LEDs 100% without knowing the exact type. Since the machine is some years old it will be some ordinary bright white LED from that time.
    As a trick I would do following: Use the "+/-0 Transpose" LED for your faulty LED and use the new white LED for the "+/-0 Transpose". In case there are some brightness or color deviations with your new LED it wouldnt be so bad in case for the centered Transpose LED...

I thouhgt of replacing all LEDs in my TI Polar 1 with bright orange ones but since the forward voltage of white LEDs is much higher than on orange ones i might be necessary to replace all resistors as well...

I had exactly the same issue with my good old TI1 Polar...
    LCD backlight was first flickering, then failed completely while LCD was still readable without the backlight...
    I disassembled the LCD and found out that one of the backlight LED was defective. Since they are all connected in series, the complete backlight fails in case of only onve defective LED. I ordered new white SMD LEDs and replaced the existing LEDs. The backlight was working well again, but was much darker than with the original LEDs. So after some while I just contacted the official repair center becaue I was too lazy to do research again on the right replacement LEDs. They were so kind and sold me a replacement LCD. With this one the machine is like new.