Beiträge von Synthtoast

yes, sorry i forgot to mention this does only happen once ive used unison but i never experienced this problem before in the last few years regardless of unison. if i think about it now, it pretty much sounds like the filter is modulating for each count of unison individually.

i would imagine the "mono' switch on the lfo to take care of this but it dosnt.

i never used to have this problem and if i did then im missing something now since i havent used virus for a month or two.

hi, ive tried many things to sort this out. it seems to have started when i installed the new TI OS, although i couldnt be sure.

when i assign a filter frequency as a destination for the lfo either from the lfo page or the mod matrix page i get the intended filter mod but now there pan modulation as well.

this is starting from init patch. it happens with any patches the moment i modulate filter with lfo. ive probably clicked everything you could imagine clicking to try work out whats cooking.

is there a new change to the way lfo's work? i cant imagine this is normal. anyone got some advice?

so many times when you are working on a track there is no need for a different reverb or a different delay......why not in the "common" section create a global verb\delay effects on\off option....
    click it on and all parts snap to the current parts reverb and delay settings except for the send level.......you can change the reverb or delay paramaters while editing any part but its all just editing one reverb and one delay unit which all parts have sends to....
    dsp power gets chomped by reverb and my little snowy cant keep up.. im sure im not the only one...
    the old virus's had a global reverb and delay as far as i know so i dont see why you cant implement this somehow....

why cant the virus ti recieve midi from the actualy midi inputs and then send that data through usb into my daw to be recorded, i want nothing more than to hook up my keyboard to the TI with a midi cable and hear the TI with 0 zero latency while still recording midi, maybe im missing something but it seems that whenever the usb connection is being used with the TI the actual phsyical MIDI input stops triggering the TI
    if i had a second midi interface and hooked up the virus ti's midi out into it and then recorded from that device into my pc it still wouldnt work because i need to use usb for the virus control software..... i dont want to go throooooough my daw and baaaaaaack into the synth because, o look wow......audible latency is present when im playing......
    so as far as i can tell from trying for a week to get this to work, there is no way of triggering the TI with midi while usb\sequencer connection has been established....whether its virus control or just sending midi from my DAW the old fashioned way.....usb equals death of the midi in...
    if ive missed something i apologise for not asking about this first but im pretty sure this is correct.
    it would be realy nice to be able to play with the midi ins while using the usb as well...

thanks for the input marc, i have in fact read the setup guide and followed its instructions several times while installing the Virus.

ill contact access support pretty soon if i cant get this sorted myself. i have a lot of patience when it comes to these things so im not stressing to bad.

by the way do you perhaps know if 62% usb bandwidth usage is correct for the TI Snow?

i dont know why, but when i went to the config settings on my virus and enabled set the midi clock to internal sync and set arp note send to "on" it seems to be working?.......its syncing to the project and im not getting a delay between notes but it is definately still drifting out of sync a little bit...... what should these settings that i mentioned be on?

ill check the latency thing, for some reason the program is only downloading at 200 bytes per second.....which is wierd but it wont take to long.

i think we are getting there!!!...

thanks

well the timing is perfect in standalone mode, but i still get that little squeak when notes jump into eachother between chords, its extremely irritating.

i would imagine the sync issue dosnt only affect the arppegiator but also the sync clock on the lfo's, delays etc.

this is very saddening to know that my TI is not running in sync with my computer.

btw doing the patch priority thing made no difference either. ;(

* i never found out, should my "USB root HUB" that the virus is connected to be running at full or high speed?....... its running at full speed which is usb1.0 speed...... its wierd i plug a usb stick into a port, it runs at high speed, i plug TI in and it turns to full speed....is that normal? ?(

nope, im still getting sync issues :( although it did appear as though it wasnt happening as frequently as on my pc, but then after a while everything went tottaly off..

what the hell could this be?....... why would it be doing the same thing on both pc's? in different daws as well, i downloaded fl studio demo to test it out and its going out in there as well.....

its not the cable
    its not the TI? (damn well hope not)

it dosnt appear to be my pc since its doing the same on old pc.
    can this have something to do with the Virus OS?, i would imagine then that everyone would be getting this issue.

im gna try TI in standalone mode with old pc and see if it keeps in sync.

yes ,ti desktop,polar and keyboard use 73% bandwidth
    sorry i didn't recognize you are using snow version
    bytheway ,everything seems fine as i see
    so now try with your old pc which your arp does work!!!
    a simple kick or metronome and an arp

So this is normal bandwidth for snow? phew......thought it was stuffed maybe...

im gna try on old pc.....brb

Did i mention its a snow? i dont think you knew that since you told me to reset according to the instructions for the desktop model, on the snow i gotta hold tap tempo, anyways is it not possible that the snow uses less bandwidth considering its using less DSP and less audio streaming and all the rest? is this not perhaps the normal bandwidth for the snow?...

well i dont have access to a pc like that..... but im gna try it on this other one it only has 512mbs of ram but i wanna see what happens with the usb bandwidth consumption, do you think the low bandwidth consumption is a likely cause for the sync issues?, is this a pc problem or is my TI faulty? what do you think....
    q