Beiträge von Mark_Harris

Hello Chris and thanks for your answer.

I was conviced that when bouncing a midi event which is NOT a virus track/event, Studio One was not affected by those limitations of the Virus. I think I must have mistaken, and never suceeded to fast bounce with the Virus ON. Now I know that I have to turn it off if I want to bounce faster than real time (except for the Virus itself).

Thanks again.

G'd day

Hello,

I've just switched to a new and powerful PC under W10. Everything is working fine (Virus TI integration) under Studio One, except that when using the Virus as a VST (or VST3 btw), it forces real time rendering for any bounce-to-audio or export rendering.

This is somenthing I didn't witness on my previous configuration (W7-Studio One-VirusVst3)

Am I missing something? I know that the Virus requires to have an "special" buffer size (I'm on 256 on purpose) but is there something to set on the frequency/resolution side?

Here is my setup :
    - Asus G752 : Intel Core i7-6700HQ - 32G RAM - 256SSD - W10
    - Studio One 3.3
    - Virus TI2

G'd day

Hello,

I've switched to Presonus Studio One for a couple of monthes now. I really enjoy the DAW and Virus TI2 integration has been working flawlessly from the very begining exept that I can't write automation from the desktop's knobs to the instrument track in the daw, whatever the automation writing mode (write, touch, latch...) and whatever the Vsti version (2 or 3).
    The only workaround : I have to manually activate EACH parameter I want to "move" on the desktop in the current track, then writing is ok.
    I wish I could tweak any knob while editing a Virus track w/o having to activate it previously...

Am I missing something ? Is it a limitation of S1 ? Of the Vsti ?

Cheers frome Paris

Hi Kilow,

Thanks for the support.
    I'd just like to point out the difference between:
    - routing modularity inside a single part (delay before reverb, or frequency shifter before chorus),
    - routing modularity between parts (routing internaly part 1 outputs through part 2 inputs)

Cheers

MH

Hi,

Each time I use the Virus as an audio FX Unit (routed from my mixer's send), I feel like it would be great to route a part's audio OUT to another one's audio IN, internaly. This way you could somehow 'chain' the filters or the distortions, and beef the whole thing up...

Cheers

Hi there,

First, please excuse me if this tip already appeared elsewhere on the board, but as I've been looking for a convenient way to have more individual outputs on my Ti2 for a long time, I felt I should share what I've recently found.

So here is my setup in Cubase to get 2 mono outputs out of each individual USB out:

1) Activate all the 3 outputs on the instrument panel
    2) Create as many individual mono group channels as you need (at least between 4 and 6 ; named, say... Virus 1A, Virus 1B...)

Now, for each USB output that you want to split into 2 individual outs, on the main track panel:
    2) Route the main out of the Virus' USB out to "No bus"
    3) Activate the "Send routing" panel (that lets you pan the signal left or right)

4) Activate and send the signal to the 2 mono groups with the following settings :
    - Full send (fader 0db)
    - Prefader send
    - 1st send panned hard left
    - 2nd send panned hard right
    These are the settings that let you have 2 individual outputs (the 2 mono groups) out of 1 stereo output.

5) Now, going back to VC, when selecting USB1L and USB1R for 1 channel, you're routing your sound to one of the created mono groups.

That's the simplest way I've found, but I'll be happy to stand corrected if anyone knows a better one.

Cheers,

MH

Hi,
    I've been waiting for this version to avoid the crackling issue...
    Installed tonight. So far not very successful: no USB outs available under my usual DAWs (Cubase & Ableton Live) and sound cuts through audio out.
    Wil provide updates if any improvement.

Edit : seems much better after Windows 7 reboot.

Same query here : I've read lots of issues regarding OS5 Beta after it was launched. Less manifestation now.
    Is it because every one reversed to previous release, or beacause they found a workaround (like the Virus Asio buffer size trick)

I've just tried your recommendations and I'm getting very close.
    In fact, for the moment I'm getting much closer with my Nord Modular G2. I'll try and improve the patch on the Virus.
    Thanks again, this is very instructive. I wish I had your skills to reproduce a sound 'by ears'. I'm much better at tweaking the knobs in every directions :)

2 more questions :
    - one regarding the Filter Gain parameter: is there any equivalent destination in the matrix,
    - one to ask you how you would do this sound. Is this one a PPG ???

Ok, I must be taking advantage of your help on this one :)

Hi all,

Hope erveryone's fine. It's been a nice and sunny day here in Paris.
    A day that reminded me of this gorgeous tune by Midnight Brunch, on Svek Records: Midsummer Night.
    I'd love to reproduce this sound of the track (

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    ), I mean the sweet nasal LFO'd lead.
    I've come close with the "Sniper" Wavetable, but I'm quite sure that the original sound was more likely based on more "classic" osc's. Unless it's a PPG, or a sample, of course :)

Any clue ?

Cheers

Hello,

It's aknowledged that NI's Performance Shaper is now "massively" used in DnB & Dubstep. To me, such a feature would be the greatest implementation on the modulation side. As for now, I'm turning on my Clavia G2 to produce multipoint enveloppes or multisegment mods. Problem : the G2 does not have Unison. I'm wondering if any modification in the the Arp>Matrix feature could not help to achieve that. For instance, why not add an attack + decay to each step of the Arp?

Hi all,

Although I'm quite familiar with the filtering aspects of both analog and modelisation synthesis (as a Nord Modular G2 owner, for instance, I understand what can be done by chaining different filters...), I must admit I'm a little bit confused by some parameters of the filter common section in the TI2 :

- When using serial routing for the filters --> what does the filter balance exactly do?
    - What is the purpose of the cutoff link vs. filter link?

MH