Beiträge von Aethera

Just tried to see if it's possible to change the compatibility settings for the various Access Virus .dll files in the VSTPlugins folder and the Access Virus program folder. Unfortunately it's not possible to change the compatibility settings.

It looks like this issue would require a fix on the software side that would enable the VST plugin to honor the system DPI settings.

On a high dpi monitor (3840 x 2160) the Virus TI VST plugin is so tiny that it's unusable. Increasing the display scaling value in Windows settings has no effect on the scale of the Virus TI plugin (the default scale setting for the monitor is 250%).

Is there some way to scale the plugin? Perhaps via Windows compatibility settings? If so, what is the file that needs to have the compatibility settings changed?

Many thanks

Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00 64-bit

Great thread. Good to know that the TI is recognized as a USB audio device by Linux. Working fine for me however for some reason when I connect it I have to make sure Local is set to "on" in Virus' config. A couple times when I rebooted the computer Local got reset to off and had to manually set it to on again.

While reading the setup guide it mentions the importance of finding a USB port on a PC which is not being shared via an internal hub with other system devices such as integrated camera or bluetooth. The guide mentions that there is no good utility for Windows to view this other than Device Manager which doesn't actually give a good view.

However I did find this really excellent free utility which does list the USB controllers, hubs attached to them, and any connected devices in tree form.

It is available at http://www.ftdichip.com/Suppor…ties.htm#MicrosoftUSBView

I've had my TI v.1 keyboard model for many years now and have hacked away on the keyboard which is starting to feel soft. Now I'm playing mostly classical music on it and wishing that it had slightly heavier weighted action - perhaps something similar to a baroque harpsichord. Does anyone know if there is any type of upgrade available for the keyboard? I know that it can be very easily removed but have no idea if there are any after-market replacements available.