Beiträge von Silicon94

The same problem occurs on Mac, at least on my Mac Pro.
    On Mac internal USB ports ( with nothing else connected) or using a PCIe USB extension card. Doesn't fluctuate when using analog outs ( pitch only change a bit for each note, but during the note duration, no pitch oscillation).
    Of course, my system is clean, nothing else on any other USB port. Only audio interface on firewire port. Been in contact with Access support, they were able to replicate this problem, but no solution unfortunately. This is a bit embarrassing...

As far as I know they are working on it. They ( access support) were quite helpful, and were able to reproduce the problem on a Mac Pro. It is buffer size related ( e..g no pitch drift@64, pitch drift@256 ). It seems to be much more variable on Windows, depending of the audio driver, buffer size....
    The drift is around 1/10th of a tone, that's why probably many people don't hear it, especially in a full arrangement, or when using more complex patches ( with detune, effects or chorus for example). I can still work with it, but it's sometimes really uncomfortable.

I always thought it was my fault, some kind of acoustic phenomena in my room... you shouldn't even need any analyzers, you can clearly hear that there is something going on, however even the vey basic Cubase Tuner plugin shows that it doesn't hold the frequency, sometimes A3 is locked at 440 Hz, and then again it's sliding between 435 and 444 Hz which is when you can hear that it's slowly going up and down and left and right... i can also actively trigger this behaviour too by doing the ASIO reset.

It doesn't sound like analog emulation or phase shifting, but even if it was, why would that only happen sometimes, ie it's holding the tune fine for 10 minutes, and then all of a sudden analog emulation and/or phase shifting kicks in? Doesn't make much sense to me :huh:

Ok, I have exactly the same problem, but on Mac. System : Mac pro, Snow leopard 10.6.3. Drifting of around 1/10th of a tone, enough to be noticeable by ear, and quite uncomfortable. BUT if I use the analog outs of the Virus ( Virus snow here), no more pitch drifting, it's super stable. I even did a fresh install of OSX, only installing logic and the virus software, same problem. Happens on Logic studio and Ableton Live, on every sound card I have ( Orpheus, internal mac sound card, Virus as sound card), and at every buffer size.
    I tried on a Macbook pro, Leopard 10.5.8 : no problem at all, pitch is stable.
    I did all these tests using the Init patch, with the balance to the left ( only OSC1 then).