Beiträge von tomcc

I have just updated to to the lastest software after previously running 4.05.01 ( Stand alone) This would allow me to scroll thru the soundbanks reasonably quickly with no delay between the sound patch changes.
    After updating to 4.5.300 when I change patches it will sometimes go thru quickly then stop on one patch for whats seems ages then will continue and then stop on a patch then go again. It seems to wait on some patches ( the same ones) as if it has to play catch up to process the change. Yet with the 4.05.01 upadte it will scroll thru smoothly on exactly the same patches. WTF?
    Does anyone else have the same issue?
    This was the reason I rolled back the update, but have just installed some Adam Nickey patches and I thought I would try out the new software. But I think I will roll back.
    Is Access aware this is a problem or does everyone suck it up.
    Can't be my TI2 desktop as it is fine with the old software and changes smoothly and works fine with the new software but a pain in the ass when changing patches.
    Tom
    Just added a YouTube video of the issue I am having.
    http://youtu.be/RXCBSGiTAPA

Any chance you can upload the link to the Mov files of the latest boot camp 7 onwards?? I downloaded them to my Ebook reader so I can watch them when I travel. I can't download the Vimeo files so if you could link the MOV files that would be great Thanks Tom :)

I had a similar issue with really slow patch changes so I changed back to OS 4.0.5.1 and when I change patches it scrolls through without any delay or hangover from previous patch. Seems to be an issue with OS 4.1.1.5. and on. Maybe developers should try to address this with the new beta system as I am happy to stay with 4.0.5.1 till they get the next one right.

Hey anyone have issues with the knobs comming loose on their Desktop synth? I am talking about the pots the knob is attached to. The Volume control and the filter balance pot feel really loose. I had the volume pot loose earlier and took the knob off and tightened the nut just under the front panel with long nose pliers from the front without removing anything except the volume knob but it has come loose again.

Has anyone else had similar issues and how did you get it fixed. Thanks for any help Drew ?(

Hey anyone have issues with the knobs comming loose on their Desktop synth? I am talking about the pots the knob is attached to. The Volume control and the filter balance pot feel really loose. I had the volume pot loose earlier and took the knob off and tightened the nut just under the front panel with long nose pliers from the front without removing anything except the volume knob but it has come loose again.

Has anyone else had similar issues and how did you get it fixed. Thanks for any help Drew ?(

Sorry for the premature issue. I have loaded the drivers into my Seq program (FL) and now I have TOTAL INTEGRATION control over the TI. Everthing is available to change, the only issue I have is the sync latency with FL. I am trying a few things out to resolve this. So far I have put all the other channels into another master track and put delay compensation on and played with the delay settings to get the TI in sync. I will try some other things as well. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Tom :thumbup:

I have installed the Virus installer 4.0.5.0.1 and have connected my TI2 desktop. It connected and updated the software and the Ti works fine via midi keyboard. Can I change or access any of the TI's parameters via the software? All it seems to allow me to do is update the software, do a backup and restore and burn to flash rom. The video tutorials show the Control centre able to access the TI but I can't seem to do any of that with this control centre. Have I not downloaded the correct software or am I doing something wrong? I have not yet set it up with my seq programme FL studio.

Any help would be much appreciated. :?: :?: Tom

Hi Murray and all other Aussies. I have a very similar story to yours Murray. Over 50 and recently back into music after a long break. I have owned numerous synths from the early 80's. Korg Trident. Roland Jupiter 6, Roland JX3p, Roland SH101, Sequential Cicuits Pro ONE, Emu Drumulator, Roland MSQ 700 sequencer and Tascam 4 track recorder. Unfortunatley all gone except the Korg, which no longer works.

I worked for two years at SAE Sydney as a teacher and engineer and had the pleasure to work with and study from Mike Stavrou, Recorded a live session with Davd Helfgot at the Sydney Town Hall.

Life and family caused me to seek out a REAL living and now my 19 year old son has been interested in synths and is attending Tafe to then study music at UNI.

He purchased a Korg R3 and M-Audio Exponent and to help him along I have purchased a pair of Truth monitors and now KRK's, a Novation Zero, a Yamaha 12 channel mixer, 2 monitors,an M-Audio Audiophile sound card boosted the PC to run FL, Abelton, Sonar and Audition.

This week I purchased an Access Virus TI desktop from Ebay that was 2 months old for an unbelievable price for myself and have been blown away again by sounds I could only imagine.

The Tinnitus now has to make way for the seemingly endless amount of sounds from the virus.. I thought 4 banks of 8 sounds on the Jupiter 6 was too many. A to Z of 128 sound plus complete control of any parameter is way too many.

Congrats on the rekindling of music making. You will have to post some up on You tube.

Tom

P.S> I am abosutely in love with this Virus and my son will have to buy his own. 8)