Beiträge von Barnelby

Hey man,

I was really confused about some automation issues for the same reason; lots of stuff isn't listed.

So here's what you do:

Open up the mod matrix, assign the filter cutoff to the modwheel then automate that.

If you are using the modwheel for something else you can assign it to the CC things using the same method. Sorry I'm not with my virus...forgot what those are called.

Hope that helps.

I didn't mean what can SYLENTH in particular do that the Ti2 cant, I just meant the whole world of vsts. I am just someone who does NOT have the professional ear/experience with these devices and I want to hear the opinions of some who do have the experience who hopefully wont freak out in the process 8o8o . Good job guys. :D

Also, now that you have mentioned DSI, let me ask you this:

I've been making my eyes bleed from constant research about analogue synths. :cursing: While everyone says the A6 blows the prophet away, I just can't seem to justify dropping a small fortune on something that is DEFINITELY going to be used, MIGHT not be reliable, and DEFINITELY wont have support. People talk about the studio electronics omega 8 like it is the god of poly analogue, but it is a 5,000 dollar god, so I definitely can't make that happen for a while. Are there any other poly analogue synths out there (currently being made) that can compete that I am missing? Something that I can buy new for a price that wont involve selling my kidneys/ (night) services? ;)

Also, I ordered my TI2 as a package with a mopho, and have to admit that the mopho sounds pretty awesome...but that is coming from someone who has heard no other analogue synth in his life. 8)

Hey guys,

So all over the web are debates and beyond about the virus vs plugins like sylenth, massive, kore2, the list goes on. I happened upon this thread:

Virus TI Vs. VST's

In which an amateur synth enthusiast posted a simple question regarding the virus and soft synths and got some very heated, rude in my opinion, answers that were uncalled for, disappointing, and just plain childish.

So let me, a very enthusiastic but novice synth user, ask this question (and hopefully get civil, adult-quality answers)

I opened up Logic and made two tracks, one with my TI2, one with sylenth. I set both to init and started plinking away on my midi controller and immediately noticed that the oscillators of sylenth SMASH the oscillators of the TI2 (and I AM running the ti2 through the analogue outs, not USB). I read somewhere that simply focusing on the oscillator sound of a synth is missing the "big picture," and that the virus still has the edge on plug ins, which I am completely open to believing, but I think I need a little convincing from some experts being that the first impression of the sounds of the two would lead me to believe that the soft synths are at least as good as the TI2.

One of my personal mottos and beliefs is that tools are tools and the artist is the artists blah blah blah, whatever ^^ But the way I see it, if it is possible to get GREAT VA sounds out of some computer programs, perhaps the better investment might be something like a DSI prophet or alesis andromeda to get the REAL analogue sound. (then drop in the U-he effects or something like that to add some flavor)

I don't really have a defined question to ask anyone, but I would like to hear the opinions of those who are very familiar with both the virus and the VSTs. Specifically anything that the virus could do that is out of reach of the VSTs (or vice versa?).

So I have a phrase where the cutoff of filter one is rolling up slowly via automation, but all of the sudden out of nowhere the cutoff just started jumping back and forth really really fast and I cant seem to get it to stop...I am looking at the automation line, which is a gradual slope, but the corresponding knob in the TI interface is switching left to right randomly. It is very frustrating. Any ideas?

I know what I WANT to do I just have no idea how to even approach the means to doing this. I have a virus ti2 and a dave smith mopho and I would like to have them both hooked up to logic and working simultaneously as well as using the ti2's effects for the mopho.... I see a multitude of possibilities; hooking up both via USB, or connecting one to the other to the computer, just don't know what order would be the best/easiest/most efficient and especially how to tell the synths to communicate through each other. What should I do?

Thanks!! :thumbup:

"Second: do you base your judgement on what people on the internet say?"

Well of course, the internet is where to find the most intelligent and knowledgeable folks, everyone knows that :D:D:D

Ah, I know man. My main concern is just the simple desire to make sure that all my hard earned money is spent wisely and I get the most bang for the buck. I have NO experience with ANY other viruses (or hardware synths of any other kind, for that matter :huh: ) so I just want to get some advice from people who have the RIGHT knowledge and experience on the issue.

So I am very pleased with the functionality of the TI2 and all of the capabilities of the total integration interface, but after watching videos of the C in action, I'm a little discouraged in how much more authentic it sounds right off the bat than the ti2. I did a little googling and was surprised to see how many people said the C sounds more authentic than the TI series...

Being so new to the virus community, I'd like to know some opinions of some experienced virus users about the difference in sound quality between the two and if there is any way to make the TI2 nail the authentic quality like the C does? I'd hate to learn I just spent so much money when I didn't have to/need to?

For mac, it is Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches right?

Well I do not see the "Access Music" folder under application support. I typed Virus TI into the finder and dropped the downloaded .mid files into the patches folder in the Virus TI folder, however, I can't seem to find them in the virus or in logic even after rebooting the virus. Any thoughts? ?(?(

Hey guys! Proud to be an owner of the famous virus and a part of the elite club 8) !! So far I am lovin it. Just got one simple question then I'll be outta here for a few minutes till the next problem :D So when I add a second track in logic and select virus as my instrument and it says no virus can be detected... I click the first track and it works perfectly and vice versa....I am sure this must be a simple one click fix but I can't seem to find it in the tutorial or manual...any help would be greatly appeciated!!

Thanks! :thumbup:

Well just an update, when I load the tutorial song all of the tracks function fine and can be edited normally, however when I add a new track it again says no TI can be found.