Beiträge von earlbrown

Hello Ionis,

Oooooo!! This is a very juicy suggestion!!!!! Thank You :)

I do wish that the Key Follow axis point was moveable. It is moveable for the filter's, but of course is trackable for the Oscillators from a variety of points-in a variety of ways. There is something specific is my mind for that Oscillators as a Modulation Source. I should note, at the beginning of this request we didn't have access to the "1% and 10% Constant" functions which does allow for SIGNIFICANTLY more variety, variation and subtlety than previously possible. I wish we could affect the LFO Keyfollow from the Mod Matrix OR it was trackable from the Oscillator's KeyFollow, that at least would be ridiculously kool!!!!!!, That would cool me down……but here in lays the cyclical nature of the little request.

Sigh*

Nonetheless!!

An excellent workaround!, or rather, the best that we may get! I am done with this thread!

Thank You!
    (one last time though..By the way….for old time's sake)

May we please have Oscillators as a Modulation Source, one day?

Hello AtonyB,

Well for starters, it would track frequency modulation! I believe this is where Thomas is coming from, as well. However, there are many other beautiful things and modulations capable this way…..

Once again, it would be kool, the say the least.

If you are using something else as a soundcard (ie. not the Virus) then you should be able to click on the CONFIG tab with Virus Control,

....set the Output configuration to 3 Outputs/1Input

….route the recorded guitar track (Audio 1, Audio 2 ….etc) to the Side Chain input on the Virus Control window (should be the little drop down box in the upper right hand corner of the plugin window)

Et Voila!

Choose one of the 16 Virus channels within the plugin window, and set the channel's Input Mode into "Static", and away you go.

(i am sorry, I have not used Sonar so cannot comment)

Forgive me!!!

i should also say, Thank You for a wonderful synthesizer! It's INCREDIBLY flexible, beautiful and expressive sounding. It's bugginess (albeit pretty light and I can always find a way around it) is part of it's charm.

Mine is the 61key TI and to THIS DAY I think that it's the most beautifully designed, of the lot. The 'Oberheim-esque meet cool digital' aesthetic just kills me EVERYDAY!!!!! (and this synth has a lot of mileage already).

I couldn't part with this particular model…..maybe you guys would have to modify it's guts to get me to move on….of course, I would pay for the shipping along with other costs…

blah, blah, blah……

PLease!!

Can we have Oscillators as a Modulation Source, one day? :D

I haven't seen this particular request come up recently, so I am hoping to keep the idea in the air…somewhere.

Can/will we ever see Oscillators 1, 2 and/or 3 as a Modulation Source?

Please, can we have Oscillators 1,2 and/or 3 as a Modulation Source? I am sure that Oscillator 2 in Sync would/could pose as loopable envelope PLUS have the ability to do 'poor man's' FM at the Filter level.

It would be super kool!!!!!

..to say the absolute least
    =)

Hi Marc!!

Ahhh!!! I am resurrected the dead..

Just curious, you had asked the fellow whether or not he was using the analogue outs, and he's using USB. I just wanted to know why when using the analogue outs the timing is not as nice as through the USB. I am sending the clock out, but there is 'wobble' when recording that way, not a just just preceding the internal bounce.

Anyway, just curious

Earl

Page 2 of 3 in the 'Config' Section of the synthesizer offers "Arp Note Send"

Use this to print the Arpeggiator sequence, et Voila!!!! It's there for you, if you want it.

You can choose to copy it exactly or do something else.

Pay attention to the lengths relatively, and the velocity information.

Similarly, if you want additional 'groove' templates from the Virus, SURE!! Print 16ths with all the various swing settings, no problem!

I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with imputing notes.

Rather than using the 'Live' button, why not you use the direct out instead?
    When playing into the sequencer is seems to be fine for me running in a range of 24/44.1kHz-24/96kHz with a maximum 512 sample buffer.

Now, there is some work that has to be done to correct the MIDI that has been played, but honestly it's more tedious than anything as you've had the luxury of playing in (in presumably reasonable personal timing and skill) and now its more a matter of looking at your newly created piano roll and shifting it back towards the 16th on-the-grid which the very first note you played was intended. Turn off the 'D' or change the output back to USB and now the latency of your DAW and sequencer can take over for those perfectly played and properly timed parts.

That's it!!!

It sucks that it doesn't move the notes for you, but at same time as you've just played in your part it should be a snap to correct.

Incidentally, the range for me to manually adjust is typically between a shockingly good!!! 12 ticks and a very very slow 232-237 ticks. On a rare occassion there has been a time when it went a head, but that's another story all together!!!!!! Many other extraneous 'computer' factors go into actual timing, so it's never will the same, but again it's usually within the 16th (just move your part to the nearest 16th on-the-grid to the left..et Voila!)

Coming from a classical background and sequencing and playing quite a lot of jazz, funk and now!!!! so old style vintage R&B-'...Chaka, Chaka Khan'!!! It's not so bad playing in...
    There is NO WAY that I would write in these parts, so I play them in as implied with the keyboard TI that I own.

Anyway, this is my experience and i hope that it can help. If you Virus isn't going into a mixer than use the headphone output to monitor when using the Direct outs. Once again, after you record turn off the Direct out and then edit.

You just can't 'pencil' in a good, compelling, emotional Obie-style Brass stab with aftertouch/mod wheel modulating vibrato. 8)

Wow!!

The TI is such an involved and evolved system, but the access of AT LEAST a proper CV input with variable voltage would IMMEDIATELY create a wild and unheard of palette sound from it!!! From a sound designer's point of view, it would be the next step in the evolution for a digital brand such as Access. Not to mention, the potentially new broad modulation scope of instruments at the input/side chained...

Once again, a really bold and evocative step for a digital musical instrument company, such as Access.