Beiträge von Littlebigboudha

Hello Everybody!

I have a Virus TI2 desktop, I use it with a macbook pro and Ableton.

I am preparing a live set and I would like to use the same track of the Virus in Ableton with different sounds.

The only way I found was to load my patch into the Virus, then select the bank I need in the clips. I have two problems with that:

- It's really difficult to manage the sounds, because if I modify one, I have to create a new patch, close Live, use the Virus Control Center, load the patch and re-open Ableton (then it is not integrated at all!);

- When I select the bank on the clip, I cannot play live my set because, if a play with the cut-off button, it will be reset at the beginning of the clip.

Consequently, it is very difficult for me to use the Virus in live. Does anybody know how to change the sound automatically without going through the Virus but with Ableton directly?

Thanks for your help!

Denis

Hello Everybody!

I have a Virus TI2 desktop, I use it with a macbook pro and Ableton.

I bought a APC 20.

When I am using the volume faders, it doesn't work on the Virus' tracks (which makes sense since it's only midi track but it's really annoying).

Does anybody face the same problem and find a solution?

Any tips for this issue? Any other tips with the APC 20 and the Virus?

Thank you guys!

Denis

Hello!

I don t understand how to use the input of my virus.

I have a macbook pro with it. I cannot apply effect on the input and not use the vocoder as well.

I think I missed something, I love my virus but I should admit the manual user is useless...

Anybody can help!

Thank Denis

Thank you so Roby!

It is better now! I think I missed something:

- I have my on-board soundcard set in Ableton but I can still listen both the virus and the other instruments from my soundcard, is it normal?

- Moreover what if I plug the main output of a soundcard in the input ad I listen all of that from the virus? Less latency?

Again thank you so much!

Denis

Dear Roby,

Thanks for your answer.
    I am using the virus as soundcard (that was one of the good reason I bought it).
    I have done what you said, same problem: it cracks, it stops, then sync error.

I have read the pdf and other posts...

Any other good idea?

Denis

Hi Roby,

I have an acer 5573
    2 GB of RAM
    Processor of 2x1.83
    Vista 32 bits

I have been able to reinstall: previously the virus was not recognized, but it is working now.

Anyway I have still have some cracks in the sound and the latency is too important.
    Basically if I a put a kick in the virus and one in Guru (In Ableton) with same rythm, the two sounds are not played exactly at the same time.
    In FL Studio, I have like 0.6 second of delay and I cannot choose the option in the master line mentioned in the guide.

Thanks

Denis

Hello!

I just bought a TI2 desktop and it is a desaster when I run it with Ableton 6.
    It is the same with FL studio 9.

I have a huge latency, with noisy unexpected sounds, sync error etc.

I am not really a beginner, normaly Ableton is working very well, even with the sound card of my laptop.

I am so disapointed... ;(

Anybody as any idea to help me?

Thanks

Denis