Beiträge von mattytraxx

John,

I present you with a midi file compatible with the Virus TI series: rEalm's Mythology Soundset_TI2.MID

Like you, I was dissapointed to find that some of my Virus C sound libraries weren't loading in the Virus Control plug-in. The Mythology soundset is one of my favorites, and I can confirm that these patches sound great on the TI2 Polar! I'm sure the TI engine will be able to add a vicious touch to an already sinister sound set!
    I converted the Mythology soundset from the .lib format using SoundDiver. Since I sold my Virus KC *sniff* (NEVER do something that stupid), SoundDiver complained that it couldn't find a Virus synth (it won't detect the TI). This is fine, since you can just add the KC (or any Virus C) manually. This means you can probably download SoundDiver and do other conversions yourself; I just used the old binaries I had from when I owned the KC. I remember being able to download SoundDiver from Access, but I can't find it anymore and I've read elsewhere that Access removed it from their site, but they will send you the file (you're looking for "SoundDiver Virus 3.0.5.6"). On the subject of missing downloads from Access, the Realm's Mythology soundset on the Access website is currently linked incorrectly. In any case, after you add the KC manually in SoundDiver, open the .lib file and you should see the 128 patches listed by name. You can CTRL+A to highlight all the patches then File->Export MIDI File to save them in a format (.mid) the TI plug-in can interpret. You can also use SoundDiver to reverse engineer patches by double-clicking on them and looking at how the knobs are dialed in, but I have no idea how one might export the settings by name into a text file--good luck on that one.

Aloha, Matthew

According to the "Virus TI Setup Guide.pdf," page 13 says the "Audio Options > Advance > Use ASIO Reported Latency should be enabled." I am using Sonar Producer 8.5.2.222 on Vista x64 with a Delta 1010LT PCI audio card, which I normally use for making music. Since I am using the TI2 Polar and the Virus Control (VC) plugin, I have configured the Input/Output Drivers on the Audio Options > Drivers to be "Virus USB ASIO." Because only one ASIO driver can be used at a time, the Virus is the only one selected. This limitation of only being able to use one ASIO driver at a time is frustrating, but normal, and not why I'm here. The problem occurs when I try to choose the Device on the "Audio Options > Advanced > Record Latency Adjustment (samples) > Device." The dropdown box presents me with two options: 1) M-Audio Delta ASIO (6 in, 5 out) and 2) Virus USB ASIO driver (1 in, 1 out). I gladly select option 2 (Virus USB ASIO), and hit Apply, then OK. No problems or dialog boxes appear. When I go back into the menu under "Options > Audio > Advanced > Record Latency Adjustment (samples)," option 1 (M-Audio Delta ASIO) is still selected! On the Drivers tab, the Virus USB ASIO devices are still listed under Input/Output Drivers, and on the General tab, the Playback/Record Timing Master is Virus USB ASIO. The ASIO Panel brings up the VirusTI ASIO 2.8.45 panel, with Virus TI as the device and 128 samples as the buffer size. As far as cabling goes, I am only using the USB cable from the TI2 to my computer; I can get sounds from the TI2, send MIDI, receive MIDI etc. Why can't I set the Virus as the Record Latency Device in Sonar 8.5?

System:
    TI2 Polar 4.0.5.01
    Intel Pentium i7 @ 2.67 GHz
    8GB RAM
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    M-Audio Delta 1010LT 5.10.0.5074
    Sonar 8.5.2.222

Reference: "Virus TI Setup Guide.pdf." 28 May 2010. Kemper Digital GmbH.