Beiträge von Joe-E

I've looked into this and it looks awesome, for toying around it could be fun... but the problem is that you'd need the midi in + out ports of your Virus to connect this to your iPad. Because of this you can't connect your Virus to your DAW at the same time, so you can't use it for actual production/songwriting.

Loading patches would be awfully slow too since it uses Midi..

Yeah didn’t seem like the whole works but could be fun nether the less. Even the Mystery Island Catalina version is going to be too late now as well, it’s all madness. Right now I think I’d just be happy being able to simply manage all of the patches I’ve made over the years and get them into the virus easily from my MacBook where they all now reside, the whole midi dump way seems like a right pain in the ass. If anyone’s got any tips on that please do let me know :) I’ll also be keen to give them all away to you guys on here, some seriously cool stuff that I’ve used on a lot of my own releases ?

Same situation as all of you here as well, it’s almost making me want to get rid of my TI Desktop that I’ve had since 2005, really disappointed with Access with all of this.
    I’ve seen the likes of Audio Damage etc on his twitter saying that he’s already re-written their plugins for ARM in hours so surely if they can do such a thing in such little time I just can’t help but wonder. :(

On another note though, I’ve just come across this, have any of you tried it?

https://sonicstate.com/news/20…/touch-for-virus-updated/

I’m thinking (and I do that a lot and am wrong a lot of the time lol) but, when Apple do switch to ARM which again, my MacBook is on its last legs now too so another dilemma for me. But you’ll be able to run IPad apps straight on your MaacBook from what I’ve been reading. So this ‘Touch for Virus’ app could well be something to look into. Again don’t take my word for it but hey at least someone’s trying to do something aye.

Be interested to hear if any of you have tried it though, I’m very tempted. But I’d need a newer iPad than the one I have now unfortunately.

Hope you’re all keeping safe in these times!! 8):thumbup: