Beiträge von trevorhaney

OMG, it's working. I can't believe it. Thank you so much for your help. I've been a musician for over 25 years, programed my DX7, Ensoniq ESQ1 sequencing, D50, Korg M1, Sampled on screen using a Roland S550, etc. For some reason I've never caught up to the latest soft synth, plug in, and apparently AU's of the industry. Can't wait to dive into this. Thanks for getting me over that huge mental disconnect ;)

So what you're saying is I can't use the Virus software unless I have an AU? What's an AU?

I know this must seem really basic but... I have the latest software upgrade. I have used the Virus control Center to back up my Virus and update the firmware. Beyond that I obviously want to get into the filters and stuff on the computer. Are you saying I can't use that part of the software without an AU? What is an AU?

Hello, I'm a long time synth not but new to the softsynth world. I have a PolarTi that I love and I have a 24" iMac with intel processor. I don't have any recording software expect Garage Band 08' (version 4.1.2). I'm good with computers but I can't figure out how to hook my Virus up so I can get at the patch library and tweak the knobs on the screen. I have used the USB to drive some garage band sounds and do some minimal recording using garage band sounds (basicly using the virus as a USB controller) But I have not been able to get into the Access Software. Can anyone help? Does the software only work if you have one of the BIG NAME recording programs? Does it only work as a plug in to bigger programs or can I use the Access software as a stand along program for making new sounds and orgainizing my library? Please help.