Beiträge von dgoh88

Hey there,

I got the Virus TI2 desktop brand new about 2 weeks ago and was having no issues with it until i started making my own patches.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and using the new Virus OS 4.1 beta driver.

At the moment my projects in Ableton 8.2.1. (upgraded from 8.1.3. - which i was also the same problem in) are running at a 256buffer with the ASIO of my sound card (Motu Ultralite), anything below for example 64 the clicking is a lot more prominent.

The problem is that when i automate the filter cut-off parameter (moving the knob, so Ableton detects the parameter and I shape the graph manually), I get sudden click noises at the beginning and throughout the clip. Its not distortion, just sudden clicking.

I've read the manual in-side out, tried all the buffer settings on my sound card and even sample rates (MOTU Ultralite), unplugged all other USB devices as well, and nothing has changed.

And yes I also tried the suggested looping trick of allowing 2 empty bars to roll in before the actual clip for recording.

This problem is occuring both in real-time and recording.

I also tried changing main outputs to OUTPUT 1 L& R and i get the same problem.

However when i press MONO from the panic button the clipping complete disappears but obviously its not the key mode i wish to play or record in.

Its odd as this random clipping is happening with most of my patches. I used the Virus in a previous project (manipulated 2 of the presets to my own liking) and didnt experience any problems what so ever.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

*UPDATE*

I've solo'd the recording from the Virus TI and uploaded it so you can hear the clicking im experiencing:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25413925/CRACK.mp3

I also tried other free sound banks (Trance Source 2001) and it doesn't seem that i'm getting any problems when I play / record and adjust the filters or automate them.