Beiträge von iixorbiusii

Hi,

You are not alone - my brand new Snow (Dec 2010) has the same issue - some 'aliasing' or digital noise when the USB is connected, but fantastically clean / hiss-free when the USB is removed.

I will keep an eye on this post!
    Cheers.

iix.

Hello,

I have just picked up a brand new TI Snow. It's my first Virus, but not my first synth (I have an M3&Radias and Motif amongst many other older synths).

I've noticed that in general, the sound across many patches varies from a little grainy, to a touch 'lo-fi' up to quite distorted.

I realize that some are meant to sound this way, but there are other patches which I am sure aren't supposed to sound like this, but they do.

For example, the MULTI patch MagicPlace (Bank 1, 1-1 on my 'factory' Snow) sounds like it should be a nice clean pad, yet I can hear what I can best describe as a noticeable rumble / muffled distortion in the background when I play a chord (say, around C3).

Please could someone let me know if this is a normal characteristic of the Virus sound; my concern is whether my Snow has a slight fault...

For info, I am listening through high quality headphones, straight into the Snow (no DAW / PC integration yet). Volume at approx 70% (the rumble is heard throughout the whole volume range).

Cheers for you help :S

iix.