Beiträge von kanni

I tried disabling the virus audio driver as suggested in this thread, but it still crashes (wouldn't the Virus not work at all if this was disabled anyway? kind of defeats the purpose). After I uninstalled the Virus software suite, Pro Tools runs smooth as ever.

I tried creating a minimal project but now it's crashing even if I don't have Virus used in the project. For example, changing a setting in the Playback Device settings (ie. changing latency from 256 -> 512 ms) is enough to make it crash. The scenarios where the bsod occurs is semi-random and based on the reports here, it seems it's system dependent. Again, this problem disappeared after I uninstalled Virus.

For the people at Access, the best I can do is provide a crash dump, which is about ~800 megabytes. Please do let me know if that would help you and I can provide anything else if it helps you debug the issue.

I've found out something new, which is that if I bring the Virus track to the very top (thus loading the instance first before any other VST instances) the crash goes away. This seems to hint at the combination of Virus along with other VST's possibly being problematic. For example, if Virus is loaded after another instance, it causes a blue screen, which is why making Virus load first resolves the issue? Other 3rd party VST's I use are Ivory and Omnisphere.

I'll try investigating more on this later and providing a sample project as requested; now I really want to get some work done because I've spent too much time debugging this issue :P

I've had this issue also. It took a while for me to figure out that it was the Access Virus, until I decided to get a tool to analyze the crash dump.

The tool also traced the reason back to the virususb.sys driver. It hasn't happened in my previous projects that had an instance of Virus; this is the first one. Once I removed the instance, it stopped crashing while loading the Pro Tools session.

The crash happened 100% of time until then. While it was having that problem, I found a workaround by loading another project that didn't crash, and loading the problematic one right after. For some reason, that avoided the blue screen, but I got tired of that so decided to investigate the root cause.

Has anyone at access reached out to you yet? If anyone can help, I'm willing to provide a minimal project that would cause a crash so people at access can investigate the issue...