Beiträge von muzikman2008

I feel you pain :thumbup: however, i see 2 sides to every story... if i spent hours and hours programming some patches to simply "give away" i would feel a bit begrudged to be honest, but yes, i like to share, and would love some numan patches too... i work 9-5 and dont have as much time as i would like programming so... it would be "nice" for someone to give me them, but also i wouldnt blame them for not wanting to either... so i would gladly buy them and pay for their time they have spent.

In the meantime... i live in hope 8)

Check out a guy called Matt Jessup on Youtube he did some patches for the actual Mr Numans Virus for his Telekon Tour. :thumbup:

Its about the sound that comes out of the Virus at the end of the day! NOT numbers!!! Im a Tech too, but this is becoming petty & one upmanship snobbery!... jesus!...

No one notices what bleedin sample rate it comes out at or whatever! as long as IT SOUNDS GOOD!!! music remember? NOT physics or Algorithms....

Do you know, i had a great recording session with the Virus tonight, and it cut through the mix like a hot knife through butter, and i was playing around with 5 synths, a Korg M50, Roland Juno Stage, Roland Juno106, Korg X3, Korg Triton, so dont get so uptight... CCHHIIILLLL!!!! ;)

Spend more time playing than criticising... happy days!

It sounds to me like the original file was a "Programmed arp pattern" being triggered by midi in the first demo.

In the second demo, it sounds like the midi notes you used are playing just the recorded midi notes you used to play the original Arp pattern.

So... you need to find the original Arp you used on demo one, or programme the arp to suit, or... play it like the original demo chord/note sequence and save that midi data so it will always play the same, whatever sound you use.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Hey!.. dont get upset my friend, music is a UNIVERSAL WORLDWIDE EMOTION and if you dont enjoy it, dont do it... i give ALL my music away for free, and its all about EXPOSURE and not financial gain. After all, if people love your music, they WILL buy it out of the goodness of their own hearts! and making "new" patches for keyboards is like kids in a candy shop!... they want them, but want them for free.... they have not tasted them but are willing to try! for freee!!! hmmm...

Virus is SOOOO open source it makes temptation for more even more delicious! ... Keep you patches and your secrets of programmin secret, and let them come begging, and offering you money when YOU have that BIG SOUND every one wants,,, tip of the day!!! 8)

Hey!.. dont get upset my friend, music is a UNIVERSAL WORLDWIDE EMOTION and if you dont enjoy it, dont do it... i give ALL my music away for free, and its all about EXPOSURE and not financial gain. After all, if people love your music, they WILL buy it out of the goodness of their own hearts! and making "new" patches for keyboards is like kids in a candy shop!... they want them, but want them for free.... they have not tasted them but are willing to try! for freee!!! hmmm...

Virus is SOOOO open source it makes temptation for more even more delicious! ... Keep you patches and your secrets of programmin secret, and let them come begging, and offering you money when YOU have that BIG SOUND every one wants,,, tip of the day!!! 8)

SPDIF (Sony Philips Digital Interface) is just a digital version of the analogue outs on the virus... using an Analogue (signal) to Digital chip... in its simplest form!... having said that... Virus IS a virtual analogue synth and is digital in every respect but modelled on analogue technology using digital models of the analogue circuitry of old synths... this is converted to an analogue line level output, and the signal is passed to the SPDIF output simultaniously. Whatever output you choose is determined by the Virus output settings.

Thats how i see it?? :S

No snobbery, simply logic!