Beiträge von vgermani

Hi, I have been searching through patches for a few days on my TI and can't seem to find anything close to the sound used on the Fixx's One Thing Leads to Another...the stab type sound played in every other measure. I understand it might have originally been done on a prophet with a lot of sync but I haven't been able to figure out programming on the virus too much yet. Does anybody have a sound like that, or can you recommend something to start with and some tweaking recommendations?

Thanks!

Has anyone run into, or programmed the sounds for SoftCell's Tainted Love? I'm looking for the famous "beep beep" sound that goes through out the song. Actually, I think there are two different sounds. Seems like an easy one for the Virus.

Thanks for any pointers.

Hi, I've recently started a new project and have very little time to do my own programming. Does anyone out there do custom programming? If so, how much and how long does it take per patch? Looking for mostly 80's synth patches like Duran Duran, Frankie Goes to Holliwood, Depeche Mode.

Feel free to respond or PM me.

Thanks!

Hi, I think I'm missing some documentation somewhere. I've been trying to figure out how to use the TI plugin for building patch lists and then send them to the Virus TI Snow to be used when disconnected. It doesn't seem very straight forward to me for some reason.

I can connect the snow up to my DAW and pull up the TI plugin. I can create new sound libraries and listen to each sound by clicking on them in the plugin and sending the data to the Snow. Once I disconnect I'm left with the original patches.

I've tried using the store function to store the sound to RAM and it doesn't seem to work once i disconnect. I have verified that the memory protect is not enabled.

I have had some limited success saving the sound to the multi-buffer then creating a multi patch out of that, however, when I go to save another sound from the buffer into the same multi I've already created, it overwrites the 1st part with the new sound.

Can someone point me to some specific documentation or instructions for working with the plugin to build patch sets and using them disconnected?

Sorry I sound so confused...

Thanks

Hi, I'm starting to work my TI Snow desktop into my live shows and want to make sure I protect it as best as possible. Does anyone have any recommendations for a hard-shell case that will fit the Snow? I've found a few soft cases but really want to get something with more protection.

Thanks for your help!

I'll add another vote for 80's sound sets! I work full-time (was told not to quit my day job ;) and am starting an 80's band on the side. I have a TON of synth equipment and have posted and searched for sounds for each one. The hardest above all have been Duran Duran sounds (specifically arps like Hungry Like the Wolf and Rio). I just bought a new Motif XF for the 80's sound set. Unfortunately, no D2. I've got to believe the Virus can do it without a sweat...but I haven't seen anyone offer up the sounds. I would gladly pay...since I already have the virus.

I know the original Hungry Like the Wolf sound came from a Roland Jupiter but the Virus TI sounds like it can do exactly what is needed. Has anyone already programmed this sound or have any specifics on making it?

Thanks for your help!

However there are synths out there that do give the virus a run for it's money, more recently the novation ultranova which is probably as feature packed as a TI and even offers things the virus can't do like loop-able EG's. However it's only mono-timbral which is pretty much a fail for such a synth.

While the UltraNova might be as featured packed, it doesn't hold a candle to the Virus. I have both a T1 Snow and the UltraNova. The UN is almost a joke at this point. The sounds are thin and have nowhere near the depth that the Virus has. While the controller is interesting, that's about it. The build quality is very cheap. I have 20 other HW synths and short of my V-synth, nothing else even comes close.

Hi, I'm still relatively new the the Virus world and already have a ton of sounds. I would like to be able to create custom libraries with only the sounds that I like from all of the libraries I have. I haven't been able to figure out how to use any of the tools to create new libraries based on patches in other libraries. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!