Beiträge von airzee

The one closest to the centre for the Virus - then my RME Babyface (USB audio Interface) goes on the USB closest to the edge of the imac.

Sometimes the ARP does go out if Iv been working on a project for a while and not used the Virus for a bit.... I Have to turn the virus off, shut Logic down and then turn it all back on again to get it back in sync --- but that doesn't happen too often for it to really bother me.

Im on an i7 too btw

Hey dude,

I bought a Virus a few weeks ago and had the same problems... However - I seem to have found a way to make it work... First off I have to plug the Virus into my imac so it is at the top of the USB tree. Then with the Virus already switched on, I turn on logic and wait for about a minute before I touch anything. You notice the lights do some funny flashing on the virus and then eventually the LFO lights settle down. After this minute period I hit play and the arps that I previously set up are in sync with the metronome (well, a preset in Ultrabeat anyway)

This may be important or not - Im running the Virus on 4.1.1.05

If your interested - here are my Logic settings

Preferences;

Buffer size 128 (works well up to 512 though)

Process Buffer Small

Plug in Latency Compensation, set to - ALL

Cycle Pre Processing, set to - 1/96 with the smooth algorithm box CHECKED

Settings;

Playback pre roll box CHECKED

Sample rate, any whole multiple of 44.1 - so you can have 44.1, 88.2, or 176.4

This works for me without a hub inbetween the Virus and the imac

The main thing I find though - once you have loaded your 'test arrangement' is to wait about a minute before you press play or touch anything in Logic, just to let the Virus 'settle' in.....

I really hope this works for you, I know I was pulling my hair out!!