Beiträge von Myelin

Hello,
    I have an original TI, OS 5.0.3. Every now and then when I fire up the Virus, no sound passes through the outputs. If I turn it off and on again the problem is solved. It probably happens 1 out of every 5 times I turn on the keyboard.

Anyone know what causes this and how to prevent it? Not the end of the world, but it's a bit annoying!

Also, I'm speaking of operating the Virus as a stand-alone synth. I'm not using the Virus TI plugin or connected via USB at all in this situation.

Thanks!

Hello all,

Is there any setting in the Virus TI to set up the voices to "retrigger" themselves while still in poly mode? When hitting the same note twice in a row, you hear a comb-filtering effect on the virus in poly mode because it triggers two voices. Is there any way to prevent this? A lot of soft synths will have a "voice retrigger" feature to save cpu for example.

Thanks!

I've never been able to get my Virus TI original to sync with Virus Control at a latency that's at all workable. The software is rarely able to sync with the keyboard, and when it does there is a ton of latency and sometimes extra distortion. It's a shame because I want to get into VirusControl to create arpeggiator patterns. I'm using a Macbook Pro, I7 quad core with Ableton Live, and I have my latency at a very nice level for everything else that I do.

An Access Virus rep told me to try connecting to a USB hub. Anyone know of one that works with the Virus TI? Or anything else to try? I know USB 1.1 speed is the main culprit...

Thanks!
    Matt

How do you store the global configuration settings in the Virus TI? Specifically, I'm trying to save the settings that control the LED's on the LFO's. The manual says there is no need to store them, but when I turn the unit off and on, the settings are lost.

Thanks!