Beiträge von MMatthews

Great Idea, ever since I bought my Virus, I just can't use soft synths anymore. So the hardware purchases begin. The DSI Mopho was second. Does anyone have any ideas for my next purchase ? Maybe a Prophet 08 ?

So I got virus snow, But just picked up the Dave Smith Mopho. I'm thinking that now gives me Five separate tracks of analog synths. So the question is... Does anyone else have experience with these too synths ? I know one is Monophonic and the virus is poly, But if you compare the sound from this little $399 USD box to the TI Snow. Its pretty amazing !!!!

The DSI Mopho definitely has more low end on a lot of the presets. Although you can boost the EQ on the virus. I'm very happy with this setup, looking to use the mopho for crazy monophonic baselines, and the virus for pads, leads, and big chords.

While the virus snow is easier to program and had TI with your DAW. If your into standard Midi and Analog outputs. I'm happy with this setup and looking forward to creating records.

I think you may have a bad unit, I didn't experience those problems. I clearly had a Usb midi communication problem. I also have a Virus TI2 Desktop on a Mac Pro 12 core, that works perfect on its own usb. Also running latest versions of logic and

BTW, ARTURIA is the absolute worst. I would stay away from the Origin. There a very small company with hardly any support. I will say the sounds they produce are amazing. But if your going to send that money, that new Roland Juno, Its insane.

HUGE progress made today with the virus snow ti. Turns out all 4 of my USB ports on back of my 2011 iMac I7 all have internal hubs and devices hooked up internally. The one port I was using was also shared by Native Instruments Kore 2 Controller. Witch I don't really use, and draws a lot of power. Power wasn't the issue, but when I ran the 4 track demo song I had no problems, The minute I plugged in Kore into the usb next to the virus, Boom, problems. The only usb unit i have is NI Maschine, witch is on the other internal usb hub.

Bottom line, is that this seems to be a Apple iMac problem, not actually having Isolated usb ports on the back of there machines. Im going to try to put Maschine and Kore 2 on a powered usb hub, and make sure they are on the other internal hub on my iMac. These Native Intruments products use a lot of power, but are just simple controllers that use little usb bandwidth.

Although I'm sure like most people, with there studios, I like to have everything hooked up and powered, even though I'm not using it. Or haven't even used something in months lol. Really who needs Kore 2 with a virus ti2 ??

Thank you everybody.

Music Maven, I don't think, any third party plugins have to do with this problem. I truly believe this is a usb iMac problem. My ultimate frustration is that I'm purchasing all the expensive best gear running all the latest updates. I have heard other people in the industry warn me not to update till all the bugs are worked out. I think this is exactly their point. There are four Usb ports on the back of the iMac, and if you go into system settings there all shared with an internal device, or on a onboard hub.

Here is what bugs me out, if I use the USB just for the midi using the Audio Unit (TI) :) from the daw and route the sound out the 1/4 inch plugs directly into my apogee sound card I still have these issues. I thought if i removed the audio signal from the Usb bandwidth, the virus would communicate better.

I have been contacted directly from virus, and will keep you all updated. I still believe this synth is BAD ASS !!!!

Okay, Lets get this straight. I do about 5 to 6 official commercial dance remixes for Major Label in the US. I would love to feature this Virus snow in all my work, and let people hear how incredible this product is. But the simple fact is that it doesn't work as described (TI). Marc, I truly believe at Namm this product worked perfect with an IMAC. Since then Logic and Lion have been updated. Apple confirms bugs in logic and lion. I'm hoping that in time Access, Logic and Lion, will all play nicely. My apogee duet is also a little glitchy since there Maestro 2 Lion update.

Again, I don't think making a simple project in logic will help. All you need for these problems to occur is a fully updated Mac, Logic and Virus snow. Although I am a keyboard player myself. I build my productions on 8 bar loops, and move around midi notes on the piano roll till it sounds good. I use the spacebar to start and stop and sometimes move the mouse to different parts of the arrangement. Then replay the 8 bar region and search for preset sounds and do some tweaking. This is usually where things go wrong.

Today everything worked great, the only problem I had was when i stopped my DAW, the virus sustained one of the bass notes. I had to restart the virus and logic.

Tomorrow I am going to have my camera in the studio, And I'm planning on making videos of this virus acting up. I will post links to the videos after there uploaded.

BYW I love how there are people responding to my posts about wasting time and not uploading sample logic session with these problems. LET me make this clear, this product not working is a waste of my time. ALSO notice that there are more people with problems posting on here, then people telling me I'm wasting time, or that there unit works great. Funny, huh, Good Day !

Are you being serious Marc ? You really want me to make a project with one small 4 bar miidi clip with a few notes on it. Wouldn't it be better for access to get an the latest iMac with all the latest drivers and RELIZE there is a problem ???

Doesn't It mean anything to ACCESS that people are selling there crap and writing bad reviews everywhere.

I'm still waiting for some other companies to fix there logic / Lion issues also. But really for a money paid for this synth, you think support could fix this. :cursing::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

So again, tried this peace of junk with my Macbook Pro 2011 13 I5, today with ableton live and apogee duet. ALL the latest versions, including Lion.

Incredible latency, the fonts overlap each other on the sound presets, lost sync over and over again, and about 10 minutes into working the virus just made noises till i had to delete the track with the plug in.

When is the newest version of this crap coming out ???? BTW I'm really loving my new Dave Smith Tetra and Mopho !!

I mentioned, Kore 2 and Maschine, because I know they are USB powered, and Probably take up some bandwidth. I just recent tried this again, on my laptop. New Logic project, with an audio acapella and a few simple drum loops. Then open up the Snow, 4 part multi on logic pick a few sounds and record a simple 8 bar progression. I notice a lot of these problems occur when I move the midi notes around while cycling the loop over and over again. I build my remixes this way, but as i edit and arrange midi notes in logic this virus gets a mind of its own.

Early today, the only problem i had was when i changed sounds while playing a midi progression, it would lose sync. I can deal with that, but when I moved the notes in the midi region, it sustained all the notes and mad some horrible noises. I would stop and replay the part from the beginning and it would continue. I left logic open, and restarted the virus, unplugged everything and held down Tap Tempo, and it worked beautiful for a few minutes.

I can totally understand some issues with the new version of Apogee, Lion, Logic, TI Virus. I hope that my issues are because of these new versions, and in time they will all be corrected. I highly dissapionted to hear people had these problems with older versions before I even bought this product.

I am a Remixer in the USA, I'm really hoping to do about 2 remixes a week, using the Virus, and only the Virus. I don't mind waiting and sorting this out, but need to know people are working on this.

Thanks Marc.
    8)

Problem #6 In logic if you move a Midi Regiion or copy it another spot, when the virus plays it, the sound is sustained, or the release is all way up, who knows.

I'm almost to point I'm going make Youtube Vidoes, of these problems. There Comical !

Okay here is what we got cooking.

IMac I7 2.8 Quad 16gb ram Running Lion 10.7.1
    Apogee Duet (Original Model) Firewire Lastest version ( Apogee Maestro 2 ) 8/2011 release
    Logic Pro 9.1.5 32bit, or 64bit. Right now mostly 32bit. Process Buffer Size to small, I/O Buffer 128
    Access Virus Snow 4.5.1.15

Virus is hooked up via usb, with a M-audio Keystation 61es plugged into the Midi In port. I have tried to hook up the snow to all the usb ports on the back of the iMac, including the Belkin usb hub as mentioned in other posts.

I have also unplugged all other usb devices, Ideally I use 3 of the 4 ports on the back of the iMac for Kore 2, Maschine & Snow TI

I have about the same problems, with my 13" late 2011 Macbook Pro running Lion 10.7.1, Same Apogee & Logic Version.

Here is my problem

#1 Red Message, Usb out of sync when changing sounds. Have to hit space bar, stop and start the current song.
    #2 Random Dots on the LED display on the snow, when using a sound I have renamed mostly on the first few letters of the sounds name. When I hit the exit button, and go to other menus it goes away.
    #3 After playing one sound via usb midi from logic in a loop for a couple minutes the sound morphs to junk.
    #4 If Virus is running in logic just at idle for a few minutes it will make random sounds.
    #5 After working on a project for a few minutes the snow BPM/LFO light will blink 300bpm, while project is at 128

This unit hooked up, with out usb, via midi and headphone, with out TI VST, works awesome.

I have noticed some small issues with Lion, and the Apogee Duet sound wise on other programs. My frustration is due to the fact that is top of the line gear. If i wanted problems, or to use older software versions, I'd buy a PC. Please Help !!

I have had it. $1500 on a Virus Snow that is completely unusable. Using I7 iMac / Apogee Duet / Virus snow. Running all the latest versions including Lion. You would think buying all the best gear and latest version you would be ahead of the game. No !!!! This Access Virus, looses sink via USB, Using USB audio or the usb inputs, after 5 mins makes strange noises, after 10 minutes doesn't make sounds at all. I have tried the USB Hub, different cables, and plugging in directly to each of my 4 usb ports on back of iMac.

I have contacted support several times and nothing seems to help. I use Ableton and logic and have the same problems.

MAYBE instead of making videos on how you COULD use this product, you can make a FIX for this JUNK !!!!!!!!!!!