Beiträge von PaperJam

It's seems that the problem comes from SONAR, not the Virus : SONAR does not render midi automation in real-time bounces ! Why ? There are no explanation and users expose this problem since the version 7 !

The issue is this : don't draw automations in the midi tracks, but in the audio track where the Virus host is loaded. Of course in this case no midi automation are possible, but you can draw automation on Soft Knob 1 to 3, for the 4 patches, and that's what I need.

My setup :
    - Windows 7
    - SONAR X1c
    - Virus TI Snow version 4.5.3.00 used as soundcard

Here is a strange bug : with any patch, the bpm light of my Virus Snow becomes low and stop to pulse when :
    - I choose "In L", "In R" or "In L+R" for the FM Mode.
    - I give a value more than 0 for the Freq Shifter, when the type is Off.

I don't have other sequencer than SONAR : so I don't know if it's a problem with Sonar or with the Virus...

Here is a short video : http://youtu.be/t6RPNCi_Grw

My setup

• Windows 7
    • SONAR X1
    • Virus TI Snow version 4.5.3.00 used as soundcard

I have two midi tracks driving the Virus TI loaded as synth plugin in an audio track.
    Both tracks contain midi automation to controller 1 (mod wheel) and 12, to drive some "soft knobs".
    When I play the song, all automations work. But when I export the mix, in realtime, automations are not applied : the Virus sounds remain in the state as it were when I prevously stoped the playback.
    Any idea about this problem ?(

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/13/52/69/04/sonar_10.jpg]

Ah ok...
    Now, another solution would be to use the Osc Balance, because it seems that the crossfade is not linear but in curve : I experienced it by reduce the OSC 2 to silence (with your method !) and regarding a VU-meter : the sound of OSC 1 goes from 0 to 80% (OSC balance from +100% to 0) and from 80% to 100% when balance goes from 0 to -100%.
    Thus, by moving the OSC from 0 to +100%, OSC 1 disapears with a linear decay and OSC remains, with a little more presence. Now I must search how to move OSC Balance half way and not full way...

Zitat

changing the balance rises one and lowers the other, effectively turning OSC X up and OSC Y down as you would if you had them in the mixer section

Roby : my request is not about how to do a crossfade between both OSC : of course I know how to make it. I want both OSC attack at the same time, but one disapear (decay on VCA) and the second continue (no decay on VCA). It's a typical technology of synths like D50 and M1, using sounds in layers...
    :S

I would like to make sounds like the 80' synths : these synths uses sounds in layers. Of course it's possible to make sounds in layer in Multi Mode.
    But if the Virus would have the possibility of modulate the volume of OSC 1 and OSC 2 separately, a lot of new sounds could be made : sounds with particular attack sounds. For example, using OSC 1 (in wavetable) with a decay for the sound of attack, and the OSC 2 (a simple classic wav) with sustain for the following of the note.

Is it possible to add, in the modulation section, target "OSC 1 volume" and "OSC 2 volume" in place of "Osc Volume" ?

I have the Virus Snow (os 4.0.0.18) : I use Multi Mode for the live playing.

Some parts have Soft Knobs to control some parameters but... now it's no more possible to use its in live condition ! When turning knob, parameters react with delay, values change without smooth, and that's happen not only on the display : it's very audible !

In fact, I have no problem if I drive my Soft Knobs by another Midi gear. For example my Soft Knob 1 is "Function as" Modulation Wheel, thus I use the modulation wheel of another keyboard to drive the parameter behind this knob.

Conclusion : in Multi Mode the three Soft Knobs of the Virus Snow are useless.
    :(

It's a nightmare !
    My Access Virus Snow is detuned by about 1,7 tone: when I play a C, a listen to a note between the Bb et B !
    I discover this problem, when I played... live ! (played by Midi).
    This morning a connect my Virus to USB and verify all parameters in du Virus Controller: all is ok. Transpose is "off", Part Detune is <0>.
    This problem occurs on all sounds: to be sure I tested on a simple SAW.
    The Operating System is the last : 3.1.0.0.