Beiträge von stoolzo

You must be new to this forum, I may be a "beginner" but I've been struggling with this synth for years. The main problems are when using it in TI mode the arps / clock are all over the place. you often get clicks and pops which should have been fixed but now, they should have moved to USB 2.0 with the Ti2, although USB was pretty mature when the TI1 came out so it should never have been released with USB 1.0 in the first place.

The other main issues is there update process and USB drivers, this is infuriating. You can install an update on a fully working system and it will totally trash it, its happened to me several times. It start off with a BSOD when you put the update on, then the USB port gets locked and you can even get your PC to recognize the virus. If you know what you are doing you can usually resolve this by completely removing the controller drivers the VIRUS was sat on, booting up ans starting again but sometimes it just doesn't work. My recent issue took me two days to fix, although I'm now fairly wise to what goes wrong so I've not had to rebuild my machine for a long time now.

There update package and how it works is pants, there update and driver install should be separate packages for one and sometimes they just dont compile them problem, often i've been unable to apply one update but been able to go back to an earlier version to have it install straight away, whoever builds these doesn't seem to have a clue what they are doing, or the guy that does takes too many holidays....

A lot of people have sacked of Ti and just use it with MIDI, this is why ACCESS should have brought out a midi based VST years ago so people had a choice of passing audio through the daw and being out of sync and poppy or recording into the DAW and having it rock solid, its frankly ludicrous ACCESS haven't given its customers this option already as its such s Goram obvious fix for all this synths woes.

If a free midi based plugin created by ACCESS came out tomorrow people would be jizzing in their pants all over the world, seriously.

Now we all know how unreliable this synth can be whether its dodgy clock, arps, BSODS or failures to install the VST - but this synth is a completely different animal in midi mode outside of the VST enviroment.

Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why, Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why, Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why, Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why, Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why, Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why, Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why, Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why, Why oh why, oh why oh why, oh why oh why....

.....has ACCESS not brought out a midi based VST for use instead of the plugin audio unit which lets face it, has been buggy as hell on windows since day one.

Here are a couple of working alternatives

If this company can do one free but it doesnt clock to your DAW which is a major problem

http://ctrlr.org/access-virus-ti-snow/

The demo of this looks pretty good and it clocks to DAW, is missing categories though, I find these really important.

https://www.mysteryislands-mus…editor-librarian-plug-in/

Access need to stop fiddling around with colour schemes and patches and remember the hundreds / thousdands of owners out there ripping their hair out trying to use this synth in TI mode, we love our synth but hate TI, a midi based version would make us jizz our pants.

Hi, I recently sold my Virus TI keyboard, the intention was actually to buy a TI SNOW first and transfer all my current ongoing tracks to this but this never happened. I'm wondering if after purchasing a SNOW, when I Load up my tracks in my DAW will it load my patches (most are just modified presets and not saved as actual new patches) - or will I have to buy a desktop TI model?

Thanks.