Beiträge von bhooteshwara

Zitat

Ok.. I'm going to say it... Did you watch and read the correct set up guide? There are many ways you can use the virus but each way needs the correct configuration. First of all you need to know exactly what it is you want to do and why you want to do it that way.

Yes i did read the setup guide and according to the setup guide the way i want to use is to use the ''D'' Direct button on the Virus TI Snow so i can record trough analog outputs from Virus into my RME-ADI-8-DS Converter but then i face again the problem with latency.

Taken from the Virus TI Setup Guide:

Direct monitoring can be enabled by clicking on the “D” button in the part bar on the left in Virus Control. This mode switches any part to the analogue outputs and ensures that the sound travels directly from the sound engine to those, bypassing the sequencer. This mode undoubtedly results in the smallest possible latency and feels the most snappy while recording a performance, but there is a mayor disadvantage to it: every note coming from the sequencer on this part will be played back too early by roughly 1/16 note (@120 bpm). Especially when you overdub, it is not advisable to use direct monitoring.

Zitat

I noticed you are using Cubase, I'm a Cubase user. Any reason you haven't set up your other instruments as Hardware Instruments with in Cubase? Your missing out on a very powerful feature of it over many other DAWS. Do you have all those other devices going into individual inputs on your soundcard, with the ability to add VST plug ins to the audio your hardware would be currently streaming? No need to actually record it.

My other Hardware is setup like external instruments and sent to record group from where then i record them as audio inside the box.

what's the issue with using the USB out? on top, if you feel that you cannot deal with the latency you always can just use traditional MIDI (which will not be sample accurate, like all you other synth ...)

Yes there is no other option i guess then to use the USB or sell the synth.
    But what if i want to use my convertors instead of Virus TI Soundcard?

If i use the traditional MIDI i can't edit the sounds with the Virus Control Plugin which then will give me a lot of pain to edit sounds going from one menu to another if i had Virus TI Desktop it wouldn't be a problem.

basically this hasn't anything to do with the Virus, this has to do with pre-delay in your sequencer. It's called delay compensation and anytime you have any instruments or effect s on a track, it takes time to process them. Obviously you want…

How you explain the fact that all the other hardware synths are nearly same latency and then this synth comes a way to early before them there is no effects no nothing in this project just what you see on the image.
    Doesn't look normal to me because when i disconnect the usb cable and try to record trough it's midi ports latency is ok but as soon as put usb cable in midi ports becomes unavailable and i must send notes trough usb and this is what happens so you still thinking it's not a virus issue?

[Blockierte Grafik: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ci7ozmedn27aqyo/Screen%20Shot%202016-08-05%20at%2010.12.30%20PM.png?dl=0]

Does anybody had this issue with the Virus TI Snow when recording trough it's analog outputs?
    This is driving me crazy all other synths are nearly same latency but this is recording a way too early before the others and there is no way to fix.
    If i try to make the midi track late a bit in milliseconds it's not always the same sometimes is more early sometimes less

Any suggestions?

I am using OSX 10.10 with RME Fireface sound card with buffer on 512

Thanks in advance and i hope to fix this otherwise will consider selling this piece of gear.

Ok here it goes more detailed info.

I am using RME Fireface 400 sound card
    The midi inputs and outputs from the RME are used for my other two synths (Midi in/out 1 for Roland JP8080 and Midi in/out 2 for Nord Modular G2)
    With that said i am using the virus to read the midi notes with it's usb connection.
    I open the Virus TI Snow in the VST Rack in Cubase and then dedicate a midi channel to it.
    I have 2 more controllers connected to the computer: Korg nano Kontrol and M-Audio Keystation Mini 32.

When Virus stops playing the sound when i open the virus software and also on the Virus Snow i see midi signal but no sound coming out.

Here is also a screenshot how that looks

http://imageshack.us/f/850/virusissue.jpg/

Hello there,

I would like to ask for a issue i have for a while.
    When i play the virus in Cubase 5,6, or 7 after a while virus just doesn't give any sound.

So i need to close Cubase turnoff virus totally take out the power plug and update the usb connection trough Virus Control Center so it can work and then after like working 20 minutes inside Cubase sometimes even less it happens again.

Any info how to fix this issue?

I use Windows 7 64 Bits / Cubase 7 full version at the moment / Viros OS 5.0.1.05

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!