Beiträge von dixie237

Hi all,
    Just following this up then. I have a snow currently. If I were to add a second unit a Ti for example, when an instance of VC is opened, with both bits of hardware on,how does VC know which unit to access first? Is there a dialogue box or something?
    Cheers
    D

Hi,
    I have been using my snow now for about 4 months, it's awesome. Love it. Would adding another snow to my Set up be as simple as pluging in via USB and then using the installed VST plug on another channel in live 8?

Cheers
    D

Thanks for reply flabberbob.

Yeah that does help.

Another question if I may... :)

So from your reply, the TI doesnt have to be used as a soundcard to get full Ti functionality? I can carry on using my Motu as single audio interface.

How does the virus need to be set up to get the full VST /Ti functionality? Is this when the virus is hooked up to the computer via USB using the USB audio?

The realtime audio render "issue". I do most of my work setting up my synths one at a time in Ableton. Typically getting some drums going...going to a VST or my proteus for a bass patch, routing the audio into a second aidio track where I record live audio of all my tweeks / effects tweeks etc, then I go back and pick out the loops that i want to use from these takes, and then adding with other instruments in the same way.

Does the Virus Ti workflow and the "onboard processing" I have read about still make this possible using the USB audio inputs?

Thanks again for your time in replying :)

Cheers

D

Hi all,

first post.Hoping to become an owner.

I had a look through the forums, before posting, regarding integration / USB audio / bouncing down in Ableton / using as a soundcard...etc..etc..

OK so am a little confused, and hoping members can clarify explain, to help me make my purchase.

So my setup at the mo is Ableton Live 8 (fully updated) Motu soundcard and interface. Windows XP pro 32bit. Various VST instruments. Emu Proteus 2500.

How does the TI integrate? Currently with my hardware synth I set up "old school"..Midi in to Emu..audio ouput to interface, set up audio track in Ableton. Audio out to master. Easy.

So how would the TI fit in with my setup? If I understand correctly you have to set the soundcard settings to access in Ableton....what happens to my currect VSTis and Proteus?

Can the TI be used in simple MIDI in then use the TI analogue outs to feed my interface? Or is this totally missing the benefits of the TI?

Obviously this is a major investment in kit. One that looks as though it would be amazing.

Any clarifying the integration process, and helping me make a purchase decision greatly appr.

Cheers

D

:)