Beiträge von JKarner

Thanks FlabberBOB,
    I appreciate the info.

I now know how to utilize the VC while my Virus is connected via analog outputs, this is great for the studio but I'll have to use multi-mode live & not worry about VC TI plugin on stage until I evolve.

After reading through the forum, I understand this is a very touchy subject & has been for awhile. I spent days building, layering, & tweaking sounds specific to my live set in multi-mode, all custom FX, ready to go in succession, but, no way to use the VC TI plugin for multi-mode & I'm not going crazy with midi just yet.

Mastering the midi channels will be my next task, this seems to be the only way to essentially utilize what I'm doing in multi-mode but in sequence mode instead with VC up & still be able to have my Virus as an interchangeable midi controller to switch back & forth from my layered Virus patches to software synths open in midi tracks using Abelton Live by enabling the tracks to record via the Novation Launchpad.

This may just be for the sake of learning in regard to the full potential & capability of the synth; I'll probably end up using a separate midi controller on stage.

Thanks again

J

I've now used my Virus TI2 live for several shows with great success. I'm also running backing tracks through the Sapphire Pro40 with my macbook using Ableton Live 8 along with the Novation Launchpad controller.

As of now, I have the Virus running straight through a Radial Pro DI directly to the FOH separate from the tracks coming through the Sapphire Pro40.

My question is this:

What amount of sound quality would be sacrificed if I ran the Virus through Ableton Live 8 as a plugin/MIDI track along with the backing tracks I control with the Launchpad :?:

I'm aware there may be a conversion rate factor to consider but I'm choosing to utilize this forum before doing any extensive research which I'm never opposed to. Any feedback/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jaison

Haven't been able to sleep much since I contracted this Virus TI2. I'm no stranger to the bootcamp vids or the numerous tutorials available so I'll figure this out one way or another but I'd appreciate any info or tips. :thumbup:

There are certain external sound patches I've tweaked & incorporated into my live set but I'd like to refrain from using my laptop on stage when feasible. Am I able to transfer these sounds from programs like FM8, Absynth, Massive, & Reaktor etc to the Virus, so that I'm able to utilize these sounds while subtracting the laptop/usb connection from my performance equation?