Beiträge von Loopscious

Hey everyone,

I have a TI Snow and TI Polar.

I am trying to use my Snow as my output soundcard, and Polar as another synth and Midi keyboard. If I set the Snow as the output soundcard, it blocks my DAWs (Ableton and Logic on Mac) from receiving Midi from the Polar, or any other midi controller. I unplugged the Polar entirely and used a generic midi controller and verified this was happening. And the MIDI keyboard is attempting to trigger other VSTs etc. Ableton has that visual indicator that shows incoming Midi and it's not blinking when the Snow is the soundcard.

If I switch off the Snow as the soundcard, the Midi is received just fine into the DAW.

Anybody experience this before? Any ideas on how to solve this?

It's super weird and frustrating...

Thank you.

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to trigger notes just off the Virus Snow panel without connecting a midi keyboard to it? If so, can someone share how this is done?

Also, is there any way to connect a small controller, like the Keith McMillen Qunexus to the snow and trigger it, without having to have a laptop in the mix?

Basically - like many others - I spend all day every day at a desk in front of computers for work. When I'm relaxing I want to be able to play with some hardware synths while on the couch etc. The TI Polar is very far from being something to snuggle up with. The Snow is perfect for this in terms of form. But the last thing I want to do is to have a laptop next to me, or even a midi keyboard (I have a microkorg which isn't super micro) with more wires, etc. It gets messy really quickly.

Any thoughts on a setup that would allow me to play around making sounds in a way that's downtime + couch friendly with a minimum of parts and wires?

Thanks!

Manish