Beiträge von Psynthetik

Hey buddy, Im having the exact same issue with mine. Its extremely frustrating! Not sure if this is a fluke but Ive stopped using anything from the factory "a" bank and I haven't had problems like that lately. I had it going all weekend for hours at a time with lots of tweaking and at most I had some notes stick. Just hit the panic and everything was back to normal. That being said, I still thing something is wrong internally.

I have tried using it with just the midi controller and headphones and the problem was there. That was one of the first things I checked when I was trying to eliminate my interface as the problem.

Thanks for the tips. As for it acting up when turning knobs, thats not the only time it does it. I can have a midi file triggering it and it will cut out without even touching the synth. It also cuts out if I just monitor with headphones and listen using the audition(I have the desktop virus) After playing around for a bit on the weekend and changing the battery it doesn't seem to happen as often but it still there. I checked all the settings/connections and it all appears to be set up right. I did notice that it actually worked in logic a couple times properly tho so it seems to be a intermittent thing. Unfortunantely it acts up more often than not. When its working properly the meter in the channel clears as its supposed to and it doesn't cut out. I was hoping it was just a setting but the fact it works sometimes and my other synth work fine its a safe bet something is wrong with the virus.I found a couple repair shops where I live but they have both never even heard of the virus and its not cheap so Im not sure if thats going to be a good option.

Hi, I just bought a Virus C off ebay and am having major problems with it. The synth itself is in good condition and sounds great (I've owned one before) but the audio keeps crackling then cuts out after tweaking some knobs. Sometimes its right away but usually its after about 10 minutes. Once I restart the problem goes away but it comes back. Ive done some searching before posting here and have seen many people with this problem but I haven't seen anyone post if they actually solved the problem. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what could be going wrong or how to fix it. I live in Canada so shipping it to Germany for repairs isn't an option right now.

Ive eliminated my interface/daw(cubase 5.5, logic pro 9) as the issue by using just the headphone jack and I still get the same problem. One other thing I noticed when I use the virus in logic, every time I hit a key I see the midi activity in the channel but it never goes away. The sound itself does, just not the signal. This doesn't happen when I use my nord lead tho. Hopefully someone has some advice! Thanks in advance

Sean