Beiträge von blinde_Q

Zitat

It does not happen often but its quite disturbing. Its been happening at night and I tend to stumble out of bed to run and switch my monitors off to get rid of the noise.

:D this one made my day ;) --> "Kill The Noize"

test your Power Adaptor - messure the output with a meter if your able to do this.
    if not go to an electrician and let test your Power Adaptor

very easy, for example the first picture (with about 69ms latency)
    you see the recorded audio file and you see that there are 2 yellow marker.

if you select this empty space between these two markers, ableton shows you the length of the
    selected region. in this case 0:00:069 = 69 ms.

every DAW should be able/show this or kind of information.

i did some more tests, in all tests i recorded in 120 BPM, 24Bit/96kHz
    Is used the init patch with one saw Osc (first OSC), Phase init 1, Part and Patch Volume 127 on both Parts on the VC.
    Recorded all at the same time.

the latency is most of the time the same, in my case it could variable with 1-2 ms

keep in mind if you have connected your Virus with USB, Midi on does not work. i tried this at this day.

KB (midi out) => Virus (midi in) - with connect USB to my Mac - does not work

KB (midi out) => Virus (midi in) - without USB - works perfect

i did some test on my setup: (Ableton Live 9.7, TI2 and RME FF 800)

Ableton is my Master Clock Source, i used the TI VC as an AU Instrument.
    ( The TI2 is connected with USB and SPDIF (TI2 SDPIF out into my Audio Interface)

VC Part1 --> S/PDIF Out
    VC Part2 --> USB1 L+R Out

Is used the init patch with Phase init 1 and Part Volume 127 on both Parts on the VC.
    Recorded all at the same time.

The S/PDIF Recorded audio file shows a latency of 69 ms.
    The USB1 L+R recorded audio files about 0 ms.

With the "VC Live" Option on the left under corner active:

The S/PDIF Recorded audio file shows a latency of 10 ms.
    The USB1 L+R recorded audio files about 20 ms.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

from the TI Setup Guide:

Zitat

btw
    the virus is my sound card

Virus Control offers you 3 different output configurations. In order to make
    everything work as expected, you need to select the mode before you move on:

2 Outputs / No Input: This mode offers two stereo outputs (one main output and
    one auxiliary output). Also, the Virus doubles as a stereo input/output sound card.

3 Outputs / No Input: This mode offers three stereo outputs (one main output and
    two auxiliary outputs). The Virus will only partially work as a sound card - the
    outputs are working, but recording sound from the analogue inputs of the Virus TI
    hardware is disabled.

3 Outputs / 1 Input: This mode offers three stereo outputs (one main output and
    two auxiliary outputs) and enables side-chaining audio into the plug-in. The Virus
    TI’s ability to double as a sound card is completely disabled.

and

Audio Side-chaining

“Side-chaining” means to feed audio from one device into another, bypassing the
    actual audio inputs. For us, it means that you can send audio from your sequencer
    into Virus Control (and therefore the Virus hardware), mangle with it, and then send
    it back.

In order to use side-chaining, you need to enable the “3 Outputs / 1 Input” mode in
    Virus Control’s settings first. Please note that once this mode is enabled, the Virus
    cannot double as a sound card anymore. Also, please note that, at the time of
    writing, the side-chaining implementation of some sequencers is either non-existent
    or faulty. Steinberg Cubase for instance does not support it at all for virtual
    instruments and, at the time of writing, Apple Logic has an issue which results in a
    delayed audio signal at the side-chain input.