Beiträge von mindfieldrecords

****INTERESTING UPDATE!!!

Well, Access has denied ALL but the designated Virus Service and Repair place here in Germany has clearly stated that it is a known HARDWARE ISSUE (something with the DSP but they would not tell me exactly what - they said they can't be sure). They said that there is a good chance of repair but it would COST around 200 € !!!!

They knew exactly what I was talking about proving that this is a known fault / issue!!!!

Not impressed Access... I have a synth from 1983 that still functions perfectly. I thought this was a reputable company.

;(

Ok, so the Access Virus C Desktop maybe a bit old now but this should not happen... please help or point me in the right direction if you can ?(

When turned on initially, everything functions perfectly.

After a short period of time, the loaded preset sound drops out and terrible screeching high pitch noises can be heard. The machine is again OK after being switched off momentarily. Sometimes it stays working properly longer than others - there seems to be no consistency in when it fails.

Prior to this fault, it would occasionally just drop out (no sound at all) and would require a re-start.

Audio would also drop out sometimes when running MIDI notes into the Virus from a host sequencer.

I have just replaced the CR2032 Battery hoping that this would fix it. I also upgraded the OS to the OS 6.6 Beta Version.
    It always boots up properly and always works properly on boot.

If you know this problem, I would be very very grateful if you could please let me know what is is. I have read about the same thing happening to other users. I am experienced with electronics and, being a poor student, am looking for a cheap as possible solution. Thanks so much for any help.