Beiträge von Mandala

My racked TI2 does look like the Virus TI in Flabberbob's picture except that I have my TI2 in a 6 space rack. My TI2 is at the bottom of the rack. At the very top I have a Lexicon MPX1 and between them I have this less than 1 rack space hole. If the TI2 took up only 4 rack spaces, I could have covered up the gap with a one rack space plate but I had to improvise to cover the gap. So I cut a 19 inch strip of black plastic tape. I taped one end of the strip to the left hand rack rail and the other end to the right hand rack rail. The one inch wide tape is not a perfect fit but it does look better than the gap.

I appreciate the replies. Now I know that my Virus TI2 is not the only TI2 suffering from this defect.

I put my Virus TI2 in a rack using the TI2 rack mounting kit. The midi and audio and other connectors are in the back now after I rotated them. Everything is fine except that the TI2 takes up about a quarter inch (5 mm) more space than 4 rack spaces so I still need 5 rack spaces to have it in my rack.

After looking through this forum, it seems that I am the only one to notice this. I attached the rack ears the only way they would attach to the Virus so I don't think I did anything incorrectly.

No big deal because I use a strip of black plastic tape to cover the empty space above the Virus but I just wondered if anyone else who has racked their Virus TI2 ran into the same problem.

Mandala