Beiträge von Braysky

Hi,
    I'm currently running a 5.0.3 beta version on my synth and am in the process of building a new computer. My dilemma is that I'm going to install the released version 5.0.8 which would also upgrade the firmware in my board. I have a number of "single" patches that aren't saved into a library yet as well as a ton of "multis" that I use live with my band. Does anyone know if the install will clear the multi bank in the board or overwrite sections of ROM/RAM with new patches? Once I get the update installed, I plan on saving this stuff off but right now i'm stuck in limbo.

Its all LCD - i have no midi/usb connections at all and i see this problem.

As far as values go, it fluctuates. The scenario is as described below.

+2 - i get 1/2 step bend...change to +3 and save patch...now i get a 1 step bend

This may work for some time and then suddenly my +3 gets me 1 1/2 steps so i have to edit the patch and bring it down to +2, at which point i get 1 step.

Some time goes by, keyboard reset..whatever...suddenly my +2 only gets me 1/2 step and i have to go back to +3 and save.

The pain is I can't trust what display says because it can take an hour...or even 5 min to resort back to "wrong" behavior.

I'm running 5.0.1.0.5 on a TI2 Keyboard.
    I gigged with it last night and the behavior was stable, although wrong (+3 bend setting gets me a whole step). Note btw that this isn't something that it exhibits itself on only one sound. If i take any of the lead patches i've been playing with and look at their Bend range settings, they all generally act 1/2 step off and ocassionally act correctly.

So i'm noticing across my patches that they are not responding to positive pitch bend properly. In the negative direction, i seem to get exactly what i ask for but if i use a pitch bend range of +2, it only bends a half step. I can then set the patch to +3 and get one step but then if i save and start playing around in the keyboard and come back to the patch some time later i'll have 1 1/2 steps like you'd expect and i have to change the bend parameter for the patch back down to +2. Save this and all is good....play around for a bit, come back and it will start only giving me 1/2 step again.
    Anyone else seen an issue like this?

I have the Fantom G as well, but i was looking more for a way to create a SysEx that automatically dumped when i selected a Live Set. The problem is that for every single Live set i have, i run the Pad Mode in a different mode so I'd have to do a lot of hopping around to send the SysEx down. In this case, its easier to go about it with my bank of multis.
    Although, i didn't know i could write them out in the microscope view - i'll have to take a look at that.

Hi everyone,

I'm a very happy new Virus owner and I'm trying to get the Virus integrated into my live stage setup. I'm currently running the 5.0 beta O/S on the board so i'm not sure if my problem is related to a potential O/S bug.

I'm using the Access Virus in a live environment with a Roland Fantom as the midi controller. The Fantom does not appear to allow me to generate SysEx messages out to my external gear so i can't do a single->Multi mode change. Due to this, i'm working full time in multi mode including when i only want to play a single voice, rather than a layered/split sound. I have the Virus setup so that the Multi Mode will change programs with patch changes and here's where things get tricky.

In the most basic use case, i want to switch from one multi to another (layered/unique splits). I have the Global Channel set to 6 and i can perform these patch changes and everything works great. Now, rather than creating a unique multi for every song where i want to play a single voice i made a generic multi called "Single" and what i'm trying to do is send a Program change down channel 6 (which switches the multi program), followed by a program change on channel 7 which would change the patch of channel 7 on this generic multi (channel 7 part is the only part enabled).

This seems to work about 70% of the time. The Multi program change works 100% of the time, but whether or not the patch change internal to the multi works is unreliable. My assumption here is that i'm running into a race condition where its taking the Virus some time to respond to to the Multi Program change and then the patch change within comes way too fast and it doesn't always catch it. My current solution is just making unique multis for single voice, which is not the biggest deal in the world, but not my preference.

Does anyone have any experience/comments on doing something similar?