Beiträge von michelet

Assuming that the Virus TI installer and its enclosed softwares are not compatible with MotU Digital Performer and, again, there's no stand alone editor for the Virus TI, is there anyone who uses CTRLR and its Virus programming panel to manage this beast?
    Please help.
    Thanks
    Michele

[quote='DeckardTrinity',index.php?page=Thread&postID=24161#post24161]Actually you can just log in to your account on the main Access site and deregister from your profile. That's what I did as soon as I sold my TI2 desktop last year. (so verify that the seller knows to do this before you buy).[/quote

I'm sorry to bother people with this question, but I can't see where the so-called fault lies.

According to the kind Mr. Jörg Hüttner from Access

Zitat

Total Integration feature of the Virus TI series synths will not work with Digital Performer. The only option here is to use the unit like a regular hardware synth. You can use the USB for Midi I/O, but using the Virus TI plugin will not result in synced playback in DP.

And this was a cold shower when I realized that...

Zitat

The Virus TI plugin is a major part of the Total Integration - this is not just an "editor" per se. You most likely can open the AU version in DP8 but you won't be able to get the unit reliably in sync, so you would basically have to load the plugin for programming purposes and then unload it again to use the unit like a regular hardware synth, which isn't very practical to say the least. We do not have a stand-alone version of the Virus TI plugin.

All that said, I'm not able to see if Access doesn't provide a compliant AU for MotU Digital Performer or, vice versa, is MotU that isn't able to integrate Virus TI AU within DP.

Why other sequencers such as Logic, Cubase and Reaper accept Virus AU version and DP8 is the only one which goes against it?

Although quite uncertain about the compatibility between TI2 and MotU Digital Performer, I'm however thinking to buy it.
    Unfortunately I'm forced to buy an used TI2 because the price for a new one is too high for my wallet.

I would know if the old owner must deregister his/hers TI2 and let know Access I will be the next owner.

Thanks
    Michele

Thanks for your reply flabberbob.

I received the final word from Access... ;(
    Total Integration is not compatible with Digital Performer, thus if I bought Virus TI I couldn't use this feature.... Anyway I think I can live without Total Integration anyway :P

As a first time MotU (Digital) Performer user I'm thinking to complete my rig with a Virus TI2 desktop.

But until now I've never read a final word from Access about the compatibility of Virus TI2 with DP. Assuming that I won't change my sequencing environment, will I forgo the purchase?