Beiträge von fjj

Also, I like to point out that, if Virus TI is used with / within Virus Control, the tone / sound changes! It gets weaker, thinner, or whatever one may choose to describe. Gets obvious when compared with the same TI in stand-alone mode, triggered via USB.

So, with VC, Virus TI gets the timing problem and the sound quality problem...

Isn't a Virus a musical instrument? And it is not a cheap one, either.

It is said that there are 3 elements in music; pitch, rhythm (timing), tone (sound).

This professional musical instrument is not doing very good in two areas!

Yes, we have that "D" for Direct monitoring, and "Live" for Live mode.... But those does not solve the problems. And to use those features, constantly pressing those buttons hundreds of times, and constantly adjusting and shifting notes for correct timing can not be avoided. (Feels like using MS products)

And, we got our own Virus TI, we expect to use the editor and librarian, because it is advertised as so. Being able to edit, store, and recall setting is inseparable part of Virus TI.

TI for Total Integration? Total Integration does not work with Live, Sonar, DP, FL, etc...

I don't know much about this sort of things, but it seems like it is impossible to expect Total Integration with all DAW in current situation.

So, take that TI part out of window! (Use TI for Totally Incredible!) And, let us choose how we use our Viruses. The most owners probably have a better audio interface anyway, so that Total Integration is not needed by all, if not most of us.

Why can't we have VC without that crippled Total Integration audio part? It should not be so hard to make one, since everything is there, just need to take some out, right?

So, anyway...

I was looking for a solution for years, and I think there are two things we, not I or any individuals, can do, at this point.

1. Ask / Pressure Access Collectively - We spread words and call up all the Virus owners and we all send emails to Access, or something like that, if we have some better ideas. I guess we will need organize (minimal) ourselves for this one.

2. Ask and request an editor @ Ctrlr.org - Check out ctrlr.org. It is free VST, AU, stand alone hardware synth editor project website. Editor for Virus A,B,C is started, but, it seems like TI will not be included. Maybe if there are enough request, TI version may get start, too. B

But, I am guessing the full editor functionality, as VC, may not be expected. "Librarying" (tagging, importing or exporting data) or remote control, etc, may not be the same. And it may take a while...

So, come on, let's do something about it, since Access is not doing much about this.

And, If some think it is needed, start a new thread.

Man~ I hope I don't get kicked out secretly for this posting... :D

Cheers!