Beiträge von syrious

Hello,

I'm having trouble when playing an arp patch AND a second part simultaneously.
    When I do that I get distortion in the attack phase of the arp patch sound on nearly every note.
    When the arp patch is the only one playing..than there is no distortion at all.

e.g.(1st single arp: no distortion, 2nd arp + plug patch: distortion on arp's attack ) :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…rusProbs/distortedArp.mp3

The distortion isn't caused by a too low asio buffer (I'm working with 128 Samples, but problem persists when I set buffer to 256 samples)

I use Ableton Live 9.01 with Audio Interface: RME Multiface2 on Win7 Pro 64bit

Virus has the latest OS 5.0.3.00

Any ideas, please ?( ;(

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

Sure, for the latency test I drawed the bar (1-3) instead of playing it to be sure that it's 100% tight.

I tried asio4all with different buffer sizes but it only adds sound artifacts to the timing problem.

I just compared the virus to the sylenth vst both with init saw patch and identical midi clip.
    (deep note = sylenth, higher note = virus)
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34369176/latenz2.mp3

Somehow the timing gap seems to increase over time..at the beginning is seems to be slight timing shift but at the end the timing problem is very obvious. ;(

Any further suggestion? ?(
    Or any recommended audio interface?

Hello there,

I'm having timing problems with Virus TI and now also with Virus TI2 while playing chorded arpeggiated patches (e.g. just preset L5 of the Virus TI2 Factory presets) in Ableton Live 8.3

So while playing the arp patch the Virus runs sometimes slightly sometimes serverely out of the beat although the BPM is received correctly by the virus as the BPM LED indicates.

I expect that it's maybe a problem of my audio interface (Creative Labs Audigy 2 :S ) which also sets odd (readonly) buffer sizes (192, 240) when I set the latency.

The Virus doesnt like these buffer sizes reporting an error about "odd buffer size".
    So in Live I set buffer size to be 128 ..so that the odd buffer size is mapped to 128 I guess...which could maybe cause problems.

I expect the problem could be only resolved by a real audio interface.

Could you please suggest some for less than 600 $ / 500 € with external Box (Volume control and I/O) but with PCI(-Express card) which does a good and stable job with Virus Ti2 (on WinXP)?

I still mailed access music support but would really appreciate you opinion about the probem and about proper audio interfaces that like the Virus TI2 :)