Beiträge von stealth997

Having not logged in here for some time, I checked the site today naively assuming that a reputable German company like Access would have their software working on a supported version of MAC OS. After all, it's been several years! What the hell are they playing at? Anyway, yes I would pay for a working AU at this point. The only reason I bough the Ti2 was for the total integration..

As I'm not bound by any NDAs : Project Kalamata, is Apple's codename to move to ARM chips in their next Gen Macs from 2021.

I run 2 x Macs in my studio. I have a MacPro desktop running Mojave and everything is rock-solid, including my TI2. I put Catalina on my MacPro laptop last week and did my usual tests and here's where I ran into the USB issue we're all on this thread for. I really hope that Access come up with a fix but if not I'll just drop the USB audio and patch the outs into my Apollo and start "committing" audio again. Also, if you consider how powerful the new Logic sampler is and think about combining that with the Virus as a sample source, you could develop an alternative workflow.

Due to what Apple are about to do with.... actually I gotta be super careful here, NDA and all that, but... well this bit is out in the public domain already if you know where to look so I can say this much at least. Apple are going to be a little more... forceful shall I say delicately, with prompting customers to move to the latest macOS version. No doubt they'll bang on about security yada yada, but I work for a huge media company in real life when I'm not being a musician in my free time & already the Catalina upgrade is.... available shall I say, even if you have forced it to be ignored. Yes, I can get away with that I think!

Basically, I've now moved to Catalina on my personal iMac Pro, I held out this long but... it's going to happen anyway, so either Access care about the customers who have been there for years or.... not. Who knows? But I couldn't hold on any longer, the Catalina Virus drivers were my only blocker. I still have faint hope that the Virus drivers will be updated for Catalina, I'll be a very happy customer if that is the case, but if not by the time the NEXT macOS is released, then I'm going to have to sell my Ti2, sad but true.

Apple's WWDC is in a few weeks, you'll find out more about why I'm having to be cryptic then, I really am sorry, but NDA's y'know?

Make sure you've loaded the multi-output version of the plugin.

Select your VIRUS channel in your arrange window.
    Click on the track menu at the top of the screen
    Click Other
    Click New Track With Next Midi Channel

This will create a new instrument channel with the next MIDI instrument on your VIRUS which you can control like any other independent instrument. So in this example, the new channel should be MIDI channel 2.

You also have the option to assign your instruments to one of the 3 x virtual stereo outputs and bring these up on your arrange window. Let me know if you need help with this.

Hi - I've just had the same problem myself but it's now resolved. I followed the steps suggested by Marc above but control center couldn't find my TI. I couldn't even invoke a factory reset. My solution was as follows :

-Disconnected all USB cables from my mac and the TI.
    -Rebooted mac
    -Set TI to USB update mode (as per Marc's instructions above)
    -Reconnected TI USB cable
    -Launched Control Centre
    (TI was now discovered)
    -Clicked - Update the OS 5.17 (This took about 10m)
    TI then restarted as normal

Thanks for the reply - it's a great help. Your idea about purchasing 2 x snow modules might be the solution. I didn't consider this and it makes much more sense to me. I guess this would mean that I could run 2 x distinct AU instances too. I'll do some more research.

Hi - Before I go out and buy a Virus, I wanted to know from current owners whether this problem with multimode/note stealing had now been resolved. I intend to use this synth for a project and will be using Logic as the DAW and intend to use the Virus as the main digital instrument to so I'll relying on the advertised polyphony and multimode. Can you share you experiences please? Many thanks. SP.