Beiträge von danielb

Hi all,

This is a cover of Yazoo's "Nobody's Diary".

All of the synth parts were done with my Virus TI2.

[soundcloud]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]

Let me know what you think...

D.

latency was the same here and no audible problems.
    marc

As I said in my second message, I seem to have had some kind of temporary glitch. It's been working perfectly since then. If anything, it actually seems to be working better than Logic 9 - I have not been able to get it to go out of sync or make any kind of unwanted sounds.

Thanks for answering. I let you know if anything changes.

Daniel

Hi again,

I don't know what the problem was before, but it seems to be working perfectly now...

Hopefully it was just one of those little glitches.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hello,

I have been trying out the Virus Control plugin with the new Logic and have hit a couple of snags.

Latency seems to be longer than under Logic 9. I can solve this by using live mode, but this is not something I have ever needed to do before. I have not yet tested arpeggiator sync timing.

The most obvious problem is a persistent, rhythmic ticking coming into the audio channel. You can clearly see it in the channel meters. I have found no way to get rid of it, but it is interesting that it doesn't start immediately. I can play the Virus for a short while, and then the ticking starts and doesn't go away.

Looks like I'm going to be using Logic 9 for a while longer, both because of the Virus, and because I need some 32-bit plugins which aren't supported.

Thanks,

Hi all,

Here's my latest piece. It contains approx 5 Virus tracks. The rest is Alchemy, Waldorf Largo, and Korg M1LE:

[soundcloud]

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]

Just to prove that it can be done, this tracks contains two synchronised Virus arpeggiators, and was entirely made with Virus Control and USB.

D.

Hi all,

Does anyone use the Remote Mode?

I've been using it this afternoon to create a control surface for my Oberheim Matrix 1000. I was mostly successful, but it would have worked a lot better if a couple of extra features were available:

- Defining values for buttons
    - Defining value ranges and max values for a knob.

Is there any possibility that this might happen one day?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi all,

Here is my new song.

The instrumental tracks are mostly Virus, with two tracks on the Minibrute.

Feedback is very welcome:

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

danielb: This is the TI bit of the Virus. It changes its behavior so it can integrate better into your DAW as an external DSP instrument plugin, and optionally as a soundcard.

Hi,

I thought the TI feature was the sequencer mode.

I am talking about something different, which ican be activated without using a DAW.

D.

Hi all,

I have a TI2 keyboard and a Mac.

Normally, I can play the Virus using its own keyboard whether it is connected to the computer or not.

However, if I start some Midi related software, like a Midi monitor, when the Virus is turned on, it goes into "USB mode". A "USB" icon appears on the screen and the keyboard seems to be deactivated. I can apparently still control it from an external Midi source, though.

What is this (seemingly undocumented) mode for? Why would I want to use it?

Thanks,

Daniel

I'd just like to add that I get the same popping sound when altering the filter balance using the soft knobs in the filter/common menu.

From this I conclude that there is no fault in the actual knob.

So what's that popping sound?

Hi all,

The filter balance knob on my practically brand new TI2 keyboard (which I am incredibly happy with, BTW) makes a little "pop" sound exactly as it passes the 0 value.

Changing the same value with the software does not do this.

Any idea whether this is a problem?

Thanks,

Daniel

I have had my insanely brilliant Virus TI2 keyboard for a couple of months now, and this is the third track I've done entirely on the Virus, except for the drums and some of the sound effects. I've can honestly say that no other instrument I own has ever inspried me like the Virus does.

It's supposed to be trance, but because I'm hopeless with genres I'm not really sure what it is.

Whatever it is, towards the end it gets alarmingly headbangingly dancy. I was literally dancing round the room, but then I'm biased. Let me know what you think:

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/hypno

The rest of my tracks are here:

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1

Hello,

I have a Virus TI2 keyboard and I am trying to get the envelope follower to work.

Basically I seem to have got it to work, but I do have one question; what is the function of the filter envelope decay knob while the envelope follower is active? On my Virus it just seems to create some kind of conflicting interference or overload that lengthens as you lengthen the decay.

Thanks,

Daniel