Beiträge von theprofessor5080

I have my Virus TI2 rack connected to my Mac Pro via usb (for midi and for audio).
    My soundcard is Metric Halo ULN2-2d.
    When I'm composing everything is just fine (but with the famous detuning bug exception randomly visiting), timing and sync are good when my sequencer (Logic) is in play mode or recording mode.
    But when I bounce the final mix to audio (often with only 1 Virus sound) the Virus part is delayed and not in sync.
    The fix is for me to bounce every single Virus part one at a time, then editing the region start manually so that everything is in the right place and then do the final mix bounce.
    I keep everything updated with the exception of using Mac OSX 10.7.5.
    What do you suggest? Am I doing something in the wrong way?
    Thank you

Thank you flabberbob for your explanation,
    I now have my keyboard controller (Yamaha Motif) midi in/out connected to M-audio Midisport 8x8 (connected via usb to mac pro) port 1 and my Virus Ti2 desktop midi in/out connected to Midisport 8x8 port 2.
    Virus is also connected via usb to my mac pro.
    Other synths are connected to port 3-8 on Midisport (I want the possibility to control everything from my Master keyboard).
    So if I understand correctly in this setup my Virus sends and receives midi via Midisport and via usb at the same time (duplicate signal) but merge them without errors.
    Great!

Gianluca

I have a new Virus TI2 Desktop and I'm searching for the best possible connection setup and integration in my studio: I have multiple hardware synths (Juno-106, Yamaha TX81z, Roland XV-5080, Motif ecc.) patched in a M-Audio Midisport 8x8 for midi and to my Metric Halo ULN-2 and 2882 for audio.
    I plan to use my Virus in different ways (TI, standalone, digital to my audio interface and analogue to ext preamps), is it possible to patch every possible cable simultaneously?
    I mean going midi trough usb but also to my Midisport through midi physical in/out at the same time? Can this redundancy generate errors or incorrect sync?
    Or is it best connecting only usb midi using TI and disconnect usbmidi and connect physical midi when working without computer?
    And for audio is there some degradation using all outputs at the same time (usb, analog, s/pdif)?
    Thank you for your help

Gianluca