Beiträge von Jan_Kay

Thanks again for your tips, mate! The video looks promising and I hope it will (along with your mentioned hints) improve my workflow. I had a really head-scratching moment yesterday when I recognized that output limitation - but maybe it's not as bad as I thought it is.

This:

(3) Change your workflow so that first you build all the beat, harmony and melodies without external effects. When done, bounce to audio and then apply effects to the recorded material.

is new to me - but I think I will get used to it.

Hope this helped somewhat.

Yes it did indeed!

Thank you very much!

Hi all

I'm struggling with the workflow when working with vst effect plugins on different channels. I already figured out how to route three stereo channels from my Virus TI (Keyboard) to three individual audio channels in my DAW (Ableton Live 8 ) where I can place different vst effects for each channel. So far so counterintuitive (in my opinion) - but it works.

But: let's say I have three lead sounds, all stereo, all heavily automated in Virus Control and all routed to three individual channels in Live because of different EQ settings for each sound. Now I want to add a stereo pad sound. It has automated parameters in VC and needs its own EQ settings on its channel in Live.

What now? Sure I could bounce some of the channels to audio. But I like to play with the automations while I'm building the track and once one or more channels are bounced to audio I am no more able to do so. I never faced this issue because I was only working with multiple instances of my soft-synths. CPU is not a problem at all so I never bounced anything to audio. When working with Virus it seems I have to...

Could you guys please share some workflow tips? Am I missing a point? I love my new Virus and in a perfect world I would like to use all its 16 channels. But since I am tweaking the automation curves and the vst effects settings while arranging and composing my tracks I really wonder if and how it is possible to stick with the workflow i am used to.

Your help is highly appreciated!

Best
    Jan

EDIT: Ok, browsing through the forum shows me I am not the only one... It really surprises me that there are only 3 outputs available...

Dear all

I own a TI2 Keyboard since 10 days now and am more than happy with that beast. I am relatively new to Synthesis but I am studying it everyday with the help of David Cann's book "Becoming a Synthesizer Wizard" which helps me a lot with understanding the principles of sound design.

Beside that I am designing my first sounds and try to recreate some sounds I love from other softsynths or records. Now I am trying to recreate the lead sound of John O'Callaghan's - Stresstest (John Askew Remix). I find the lead absolutely awesome but I am not able to recreate it. Maybe you guys could help me a little bit? It starts at 3:11 --> http://youtu.be/uU4rleTxYIw?t=3m11s

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best
    Jan